COLORS Little Kanhaiyya grows up’May 20th, 2009 - 4:15 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Jai Shri Krishna to showcase Krishna’s adolescent year; introduces new Krishna
Mumbai: Yashoda maiyya’s natkhat Kanhaiyya managed to melt even the toughest heart with his cute little smile and little baby antics. But time waits for none and even our beloved little Krishna now has to grow up. “Jai Shri Krishna’ the successful and popular mythological drama on COLORS which is based on Shri Krishna’s life is all set to grow up – literally. The show which had been focusing on Krishna’s life as a toddler will now have an adolescent Kanha making Vrindavan and the gopis dance to his bansuri’s tunes.
The young actor will portray the role of Krishna in his pre-teen and teen years. With the change in actor and in age also comes a change in the storyline of the show.
The show will now, of course, focus on the antics of an adolescent Krishna and will include charming stories about gopis, dancing on the head of the snake (Kaalia), and of course the this new phase in the show will also witness the love blossoming between the young lovers - Radha and Krishna. Bathed in the sweet emotion of love, devotees will get a glimpse of “Raas Leela’ - the eternal love story of Lord Krishna and the graceful Radha.
Ashwini Yardi, programming head for COLORS said, “Lord Krishna’s charm, be it as a toddler or as an adolescent, never fails to touch your heart. The elder Kanha brings with him a mature outlook to life while keeping his innocence intact. At the same time, his worldview changes as he starts experiencing a lot more than he did as a toddler. This is the time when Krishna faces feelings of deep rooted emotional love for Radha. On the other hand, his innate character as the protector of mankind comes to the fore when he encounters Kaalia naag. This phase of Krishna’s life is filled with very interesting twists and turns and we’re sure the audiences will enjoy every moment of it.”
Speaking about this major change Moti Sagar, Producer of Meenakshi Sagar Productions said, “Baby Krishna’s story is filled with cute incidents that we all have enjoyed watching over the past few months that the show has been running. However, it was now time to let the audiences grow with our little Krishna and find out what twists and turns his life is about to go through. The story is a natural progression for the show and will lead the way for us to include even more interesting tales from Krishna’s life. We hope that the audiences like and enjoy watching our new Krishna as much as they loved our little baby Kanha.”
Krishna Devotees will be able to watch older Krishna up to his newer antics on COLORS from May 28th 2009 at 8:30 pm from Monday to Friday. -Sampurn Media
- Lord Krishna's untold story now on small screen - Jun 27, 2011
- Radha gets official seal in Delhi's Krishna ballet (With Image) - Aug 18, 2011
- Janmashtami celebrations: Prayers, fasts, fervour grips Delhi - Aug 10, 2012
- Working on television not easy: Priya Bhatija (With Image) - Jul 20, 2011
- Lord Krishna is still all-time favourite on TV, movies - Jun 10, 2009
- On TV, Sony ruled the roost (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2011
- Crorepati game show emotionally draining for me: Suresh Gopi - May 11, 2012
- Devotees celebrate Lord Krishna's love for Radha in Tripura - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Sagar' - a good timepass! (Kannada Movie Review) - Aug 11, 2012
- Gender empowerment modernised kuchipudi, says maestro (With Image) - Aug 09, 2011
- 'Allide Nammane Illibande..." rides high with newcomers (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 11, 2011
- Gopi Bahu turns Jeannie for 'Jeannie Aur Juju' (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Where Holi goes on for 50 days - Mar 07, 2012
- 'Daruvu' ordinary fare, rides on Ravi Teja's shoulders (Telugu Movie Review) - May 27, 2012
- Asha Bhosle's wedding gift for 'Indian Idol 6' contestant (TV Snippets) - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: bansuri, course focus, devotees, jai shri krishna, kaalia, little baby, little krishna, little smile, lord krishna, love story, mature outlook, raas leela, radha and krishna, sweet emotion, teen years, twists and turns, vrindavan, yashoda, young actor, young lovers