COLORS announce two new prime time fiction showsDecember 22nd, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam and Laagi Tujhse Lagan to fill in prime time slot to be vacated by Bigg Boss 3.
After the tremendous success of the third season of Bigg Boss, COLORS- the Viacom 18 channel and India’s No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel is now introducing two new shows to fill in the prime time band once the third season of Bigg Boss gets over. Announcing the launch of two new fiction shows, “Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam’ and “Laagi Tujhse Lagan’, both love stories with absolutely distinct and unique story-lines.
While, “Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam’ is a love story set to the background of India’s obsession with caste system and class politics; “Laagi Tujhse Lagan’ is the story of a housemaid Nakusha, who has to live her life behind a veil of ugliness in order to protect her virtue. Both stories although essentially love stories, provide glimpses of two drastically different worlds. While the former is set in Lucknow, the heartland of India where inter-caste relationships and marriages are still frowned upon; the latter is set in a fictional Mumbai slum ‘Sagar Kutir’ and highlights the plight of the have-nots who dot the city’s filthy pavements.
Speaking about the new shows, Ashwini Yardi, Programming Head of COLORS said, “We are extremely delighted to announce the launch of these two new shows as a part of our prime time band. As always, staying true to our promise of providing meaningful entertainment, these shows have been chosen by the channel for their unique story-lines and the ability to entertain while carrying an important message to the audience. For example, our new show “Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam’, is a love story set against the backdrop of caste politics and class discrimination still prevalent in our country. Similarly, “Laagi Tujhse Lagan’, the show is a story of a housemaid who is cursed with an ugly face but is still very optimistic and gets through life with immense cheerfulness. As a channel, we are positive that both these shows will appeal to our audiences who have time and again supported us and appreciated our efforts.”
Dheeraj Kumar, Head of Creative Eye, the production house producing “Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam’ said, “The story of this show resonates with anyone who has ever fallen in love with a person not from his or her own caste. As a society, although we have entered a modern era and are matching our step with the western world, our thinking still belongs to the dark ages where such relationships were considered taboo. Our show is an attempt to bring to fore the story of many such lovers who have had to endure immense hatred and rejection from their families and the society at large. Also, being able to showcase our story on COLORS is a matter of honor as it is the country’s leading channel today and is known for excellent quality programming.”
Paresh Rawal, Head of Playtime Creations, the creators of “Laagi Tujhse Lagan’, echoed his words, and said, “We are extremely delighted to have “Laagi Tujhse Lagan’ debuting on COLORS as the channel today is known for it’s superior quality shows and fabulous audience connect. As far as the show is concerned, it fits in very well with the philosophy of the channel as although being a love story, it highlights the plight of those in our society who have been marginalized due to financial inferiority. We are sure that the audiences will enjoy the show and will also be able to feel the pain and turmoil that the protagonist goes through.”
Both these shows will debut on the channel on the 28th of December during the Prime Time Band of 9 to 10 pm and will be telecast on all weekdays, Monday to Friday.
- Colors launches two new love stories - Dec 24, 2009
- New show to replace 'Bigg Boss 3'... - Dec 10, 2009
- Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam to face closure - Aug 21, 2010
- 'Bingo' time for Abhishek Bachchan on small screen - Dec 24, 2009
- Is 'Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam' Going Off Air? - May 31, 2010
- Ganga waits as channel juggles with timeslots - Jan 29, 2010
- Lightman Of ‘Laagi Tujhse Lagan’ Suffers Fatal Fall - Dec 24, 2010
- Item numbers spicing up small screen too! - Jan 09, 2011
- Ayushmann turns composer, singer for 'Vicky Donor' - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Mano Ya Na Mano' to return with mysteries from India - Jul 30, 2010
- Mouli Ganguly In 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' - Aug 04, 2010
- Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam to be off air - Aug 25, 2010
- Mishal Raheja To Laagi Tujhse Lagan Permanently Following A Temporary Return - Jan 06, 2011
- Mahii Vij an Egyptian princess in past life? (TV Snippets) - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Mano Ya Na Mano' To Come With Season 2 In Television - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,