Colombian fatally shot while filming music videoJanuary 12th, 2012 - 12:39 pm ICT by IANS
Bogota, Jan 12 (IANS/EFE) A member of a Colombian hip hop group died after being shot with a gun that was among the props for the filming of a music video in the Caribbean city of Barranquilla, authorities said.
The victim was identified as 27-year-old Andres Felipe Santamaria Rodriguez, known as “Felo Santana”, a vocalist with Sangre Latina.
The shooting took place during the filming of a music video at the home of one of the band members.
Everything was going as planned “until the fatal moment when the gun was supposed to be operated in one of the scenes” and Felo was struck in the chest by a live round, another member of Sangre Latina said.
Felo’s colleagues rushed him to a nearby hospital, where he died soon after arrival.
Authorities detained the band member who fired the fatal shot pending completion of an investigation.
- Priest slain in Colombia - May 03, 2012
- Soccer player slain in Colombia - Jun 12, 2012
- Salsa singer hurt in accident in Colombia - May 01, 2012
- Penelope Cruz, Selena Gomez nominated for Imagen Awards - Jun 30, 2011
- Woman gunned down in church in Colombia - Aug 21, 2012
- Social networks promote secret love affairs: Mexican band - Jun 14, 2011
- Rapper killed in Colombia - Apr 26, 2012
- Gunman kills five in Colombia - Jul 28, 2012
- Colombia nabs militiaman charged with 2,500 killings - Feb 17, 2010
- Colombian singer Joe Arroyo dead - Jul 27, 2011
- 2 priests slain in Colombian capital - Jan 28, 2011
- Murder in Colombian church during Mass - Nov 19, 2010
- Mexican rock band Molotov takes up social issues - May 11, 2012
- Rock fest in Bogota - Jul 02, 2012
- 170 canaries seized from bus in Colombia - Aug 30, 2011