Colin Firth And Natalie Portman Won The 2011 Screen Actors’ Guild Awards (SAG)January 31st, 2011 - 9:57 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
which is a tale associated with the British monarchy. The second honor for the film from the SAG Awards was for its complete cast.
The two honors put a ceiling on a week-long outpouring of Hollywood honors for The King’s Speech which is gaining impetus ahead of the prestigious Academy Awards on February 27 for which the lauded dramatic movie anchored in Facebook, The Social Network had formerly appeared to be the favorite.
Natalie Portman garnered the Best Actress Award at the SAG Awards’ ceremony for Black Swan while the co-stars of The Fighter, Christian Bale and Melissa Leo, conquered the prizes for supporting acting, thereby bolstering their own scenario and condition prior to the Oscars.
The King’s Speech is at the forefront of the candidates for the Oscars with 12 nominations in categories such as Best Picture and Best Actor (for Firth). Firth has been the darling of numerous awards’ events virtually, since the movie debuted at festivals about 6 months back.
Firth enacts the character of Queen Elizabeth’s father, George VI, as he embraces the monarchical crown in the 1930s while battling to defeat a weakening stammer. Firth has asserted that he attaches colossal significance to the SAG Awards, which represent that his career in entertainment is progressing well.
Bale has voiced that he enjoys acting but it can be juvenile at times. However, acting enables Bale to penetrate the shoes of other folks, which can be so enriching as life devoid of sympathy is not worthy.
The 50-year-old Leo had enacted the role of Alice Ward in The Fighter who is the manager and Mom of professional boxer, Micky Ward, and his stepbrother, Dicky Eklund, with the latter’s character enacted by Bale. Leo has remarked that she is much better when she possesses dialogues inscribed for her and attires of other people to clothe herself. She tasted victory before in her career on TV’s ‘Homicide: Life On The Street’. She has referred to this season as an exceptional one for her, which has witnessed her career blossom at an age when actresses struggle to garner meaty roles.
The octogenarian, Betty White, whose career is blooming at this age, acquired the ‘Best Comedic Actress’ in TV for ‘Hot In Cleveland.’ She was cheered enthusiastically by the audience.
The Fighter is third celluloid teamwork of Mark Wahlberg and David Russell, which emerges subsequent to Three Kings and I Heart Huckabees.
The King’s Speech is a movie captained by Tom Hooper, with it being inscribed by David Seidler. The King’s Speech attained the People’s Choice Award (PCA) at the respected Toronto International Film Festival in 2010. In it, Geoffrey Rush has acted out the character of speech counselor, Lionel Logue, who facilitated George VI to triumph over his stammer. Black Swan has been labeled as a psychological thriller and psychological horror movie directed by Darren Aronofsky, in which Portman acts out the role of a ballerina, who loses touch with reality. BS debuted as the primary movie in September 2010 at the 67th Venice International Film Festival .
- 'Inception' and 'The Social Network' dominate Critics Choice Awards - Jan 15, 2011
- Colin Firth, Natalie Portman Walk Away With SAG Awards - Feb 01, 2011
- "The King's Speech" Ruled The SAG Awards 2011 - Jan 31, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' reigns at 83rd Academy Awards - Feb 28, 2011
- 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards: Who Ruled The List Of Winners This Year? - Jan 17, 2011
- 2011 Critics’ Choice Awards Winners: Natalie Portman And Colin Firth - Jan 15, 2011
- Firth, Portman get best actor awards at Golden Globe - Jan 17, 2011
- 68th Golden Globe Awards 2011 Winners Declared - Jan 17, 2011
- Rosario Dawson and Angie Harmon announced the 2011 SAG nominations - Dec 17, 2010
- Oscar Nominations 2011 Lead by 'King's Speech' With 12 Nominations - Jan 26, 2011
- "The King's Speech" Reigns At The Producers Guild Of America Awards - Jan 24, 2011
- Colin Firth, Natalie Portman win top BAFTA honours - Feb 14, 2011
- Full List of Golden Globe Winners: 2011 - Jan 17, 2011
- TBS & TNT bleep Natalie Portman's SAG speech - Jan 31, 2011
- Top honours crown 'The King's Speech' at 83rd Oscars (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: actors guild awards, actress award, best actor, best actress, black swan, british monarchy, christian bale, co stars, colin firth, dicky eklund, george vi, homicide life, melissa leo, natalie portman, prestigious academy, professional boxer, queen elizabeth, sag awards, screen actors guild, screen actors guild awards