Colin Farrell may replace Johnny Depp as Don Quixote in new movieAugust 10th, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, August 10 (ANI): Colin Farrell may step into the shoes of Johnny Depp, after the latter has reportedly pulled out of the movies based on Spanish literary hero Don Quixote.
Director Terry Gilliam was said to have roped in Depp in 2000 to star in the project, originally entitled ‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote’.
But the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ star was said to have dropped out of the movie due to scheduling conflicts.
And now, the filmmaker allegedly had his gaze fixed on Farrell to fill in the role.
“Terry is a fan of Colin and it’s felt he’s one of the few people capable of filling Johnny’s shoes,” Contactmusic quoted a source as telling Britain’s Daily Express. (ANI)
- Farrell to replace Depp in film on Quixote? - Aug 11, 2009
- Ewan McGregor replaces Johnny Depp in Don Quixote film - May 19, 2010
- McGregor replaces Depp in Don Quixote movie - May 19, 2010
- Johnny Depp pulls out of movie based on Don Quixote - Aug 06, 2009
- Johnny Depp To Play 'Tonto' In "The Lone Ranger" - Jan 19, 2011
- Heath Ledger’s last role to be played by Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell & Jude Law - Dec 24, 2009
- Depp in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5'? - Jul 07, 2011
- Keith Richards Makes A Comeback With Next “Pirates Of The Caribbean” - Oct 20, 2010
- Depp reveals what he would like to do before he quits acting - Feb 22, 2011
- Penelope Cruz says she couldn't hold back laughter on 'Pirates' set - Jan 08, 2011
- Keith's drink a mystery for Depp - May 03, 2011
- Ledger's relatives can't watch his movies - May 17, 2010
- Keith Richards Makes Comeback in 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Sequel - Oct 19, 2010
- Cops inspect Depp's house - Oct 16, 2011
- Penelope may feature in next 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' film - Feb 12, 2010
Tags: august 10, caribbean star, colin farrell, conflicts, daily express, director terry gilliam, don quixote, filmmaker, gaze, johnny depp, literary hero, pirates of the caribbean, shoes, terry gilliam