Cole wants to inspire underprivileged teensJuly 13th, 2012 - 4:32 am ICT by IANS
London, July 13 (IANS) Singer Cheryl Cole says she can relate to today’s youth and wants to show disadvantaged kids that they can follow their dreams and escape their surroundings.
“I had a tough upbringing and didn’t have many privileges as a child. I classed that as normal because it was all I’d ever known. I know what disadvantaged young people go through. I understand it. I get it,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Cole as saying.
The 29-year-old Cole thinks she is a positive role model for teenagers because she fought the odds to make a success of her singing career, and now wants to encourage young people to stay in school and develop their passions.
“A lot of young people don’t have focus and they don’t know what they are going to do with their lives. If I hadn’t had a dream, I could have gone off the rails and I could have had a very, very different life.”
“I had a horrible time as a teenager and wasn’t very confident. Between the ages of 16 and 18, I was also in a horrible relationship. If I hadn’t had a love for music, I could have gone down a different path and become lost,” she said.
- Cheryl dreams of marrying Prince Harry - Apr 03, 2012
- Cole wanted family before solo career - Jun 08, 2012
- Cole desperate for kids - Sep 13, 2012
- Lovato wants to be role model for teenaged girls - Sep 18, 2011
- Understanding people special for Cole - Jul 16, 2012
- Cheryl Cole meets Prince Charles to discuss charity work - Feb 23, 2011
- Cole's new song aimed at ex-husband - May 26, 2012
- I made Cheryl Cole: Simon Cowell - May 03, 2012
- 'Only Way Is Essex' star Mark Wright: 'Cheryl Cole is too thin for me' star - Sep 27, 2011
- L.A. Reid 'confirms' Cheryl Cole will judge US 'X Factor' - Apr 05, 2011
- Cole looks at man's shoes before dating - Jul 06, 2012
- Cheryl Cole supports same-sex marriage - Jun 16, 2012
- 'Guilty' Derek praying for Cheryl's speedy recovery - Jul 14, 2010
- Cole loves Rihanna's carefree attitude - May 07, 2012
- Simon Cowell brands Cheryl Cole 'mad' and 'vain' - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: cheryl cole, different life, different path, disadvantaged kids, dreams, femalefirst, hadn, horrible time, london, love, music, odds, passions, positive role model, privileges, relationship, surroundings, teenager, teenagers, upbringing