Coldplay to perform at 2012 Olympics?April 9th, 2011 - 8:28 am ICT by IANS
London, April 9 (IANS) Rock band Coldplay might perform at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics to be held in London.
The prestigious sports event is slated for July 27-Aug 12, 2012, and Coldplay is at the top of the organiser’s wish-list of acts for the opening gala, reports contactmusic.com.
“Coldplay are the biggest stadium rockers in Britain today, and their style of anthemic music would be perfect for the Olympics. (The opening song) needs to be something inspirational. The hope is that they would perform at the opening ceremony, as well as produce a recording of the track, which could help fund good causes in British sport,” said a source.
Singers Joss Stone, Muse and Damon Albarn are also in the running to join a star-studded line-up at the launch of the event.
- Coldplay ventures into wristbands business - Nov 04, 2011
- No Rolling Stones at London Olympics (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- No Rolling Stones show at London Olympics - Feb 11, 2012
- Brangelina to host Olympic party? - Jun 14, 2012
- Gallagher show raises $240,000 for Japan - Apr 05, 2011
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Spice Girls call fan support for Olympics 2012 gig - Oct 18, 2010
- Take That to perform at London Olympics? - Jul 18, 2010
- Rihanna, Coldplay team up to for Paralympic closing - Aug 27, 2012
- Saif, Mika to perform at World Series Hockey opening - Feb 28, 2012
- Susan Sarandon set to bring ping-pong club to London - Oct 16, 2010
- Indian Army welcomes home silver medalist Vijay Kumar - Aug 08, 2012
- U2 asked to return to Glastonbury, confirms organiser - Aug 06, 2010
- Theron to be honoured at Palm Springs film fest - Dec 23, 2011
- Abhishek Bachchan to attend Olympics - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: 2012 olympics, acts, britain today, british sport, coldplay, damon albarn, joss stone, launch, london, muse, music, olympics, opening ceremony, opening song, rock band, rockers, source singers, sports event, star studded, wish list