Coldplay desperate to jam with Take ThatFebruary 18th, 2009 - 2:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 18 (ANI): Coldplay are reportedly desperate to match their tunes with fellow Brit band Take That.
Frontman Chris Martin along with bandmates Guy Berryman, Will Champion and Jonny Buckland were set to take to the stage at the 2009 Brit Awards, where they are up for four gongs.
And Chris revealed that the lads were hoping to bump into the boy band at the nearby Shepherds Bush Empire where they would be headed later for a War Child charity concert with The Killers.
Its going to be a big party. And if the Take That gentlemen come down then it will really be great, the Sun quoted him as saying.
My dream is that by tomorrow morning we would have performed a song with Take That that would make me really happy. I dont know if you can put in a word, he added.
A source added that the vocalist even tried meeting Take That at the Brits rehearsals but missed his chance.
The source said: Chris came in for rehearsals and was asking to be introduced to Gary Barlow but the lads had already left.
There was definitely something bubbling though. (ANI)
- Rihanna, Coldplay team up to for Paralympic closing - Aug 27, 2012
- Coldplay ventures into wristbands business - Nov 04, 2011
- Kanye West thinks Coldplay 'is better than The Beatles' - Nov 10, 2010
- Coldplay tries hypnosis - Oct 28, 2011
- Coldplay raises $406,600 for charity - Jan 02, 2010
- Chris Martin says he'd only go solo if Gwyneth Paltrow dumped him - Jun 10, 2009
- Coldplay land megabucks deal - Aug 18, 2010
- Coldplay and The Killers stage all-star gig - Feb 20, 2009
- Jay Z to perform at Paralympics closing - Sep 05, 2012
- Rihanna skips Paralympic rehearsals - Sep 10, 2012
- Bad luck hits Coldplay's world tour - May 29, 2009
- Chris Martin praised for comedy talent - Nov 15, 2009
- Coldplay, Gaga to perform at charity concert - Sep 15, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan wants to date Guy Berryman - Aug 11, 2011
- Take That friends forever: Barlow - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: brit awards, brit band, charity concert, chris martin, coldplay, gary barlow, gentlemen, gongs, guy berryman, killers, lads, london, rehearsals, shepherds bush empire, sun, tomorrow morning, tunes, vocalist, war child