Coldplay and The Killers stage all-star gigFebruary 20th, 2009 - 6:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 20 (ANI): Brit rock band Coldplay and American rock band The Killers staged an all-star gig on February 18 night, with Bono and Take That frontman Gary Barlow making a surprise appearance at the one-off charity concert.
Coldplay and The Killers frontman Brandon Flowers had performed at the Brit Awards at London’’s Earl’’s Court earlier in the evening, and they had to hurry across the U.K. capital to make it to the War Child charity event at The O2 Shepherds Bush Empire.
The two bands performed for 2000 fans, by putting on a selection of their own hits, and the crowd grew wilder when their guests joined them on stage.
This is going to be the best encore you”ve ever seen, the Daily Star quoted Coldplay frontman Chris Martin as saying before he introduced
Barlow and U2′’s Bono to the stage.
Martin and Barlow duetted on Take That classic Back for Good before Bono and Flowers came out to join the pair on The Killers” 2005 hit All These Things That I”ve Done. (ANI)
- Jay Z to perform at Paralympics closing - Sep 05, 2012
- Coldplay, Gaga to perform at charity concert - Sep 15, 2011
- U2 hated living with Bono - Oct 31, 2011
- Chris Martin considers Gaga better than him - Dec 13, 2011
- Coldplay tries hypnosis - Oct 28, 2011
- Brandon Flowers becomes father for third time - Apr 06, 2011
- Coldplay desperate to jam with Take That - Feb 18, 2009
- Paltrow listens to Coldplay when hubby is away - Sep 07, 2011
- Singer Bono defends huge fortune as he tackles world poverty - Dec 03, 2009
- Rihanna to perform with Coldplay at Grammys - Jan 20, 2012
- Amnesty activists held at U2 gig in Russia - Aug 26, 2010
- Coldplay regret their latest album name - Mar 06, 2012
- Rihanna, Coldplay team up to for Paralympic closing - Aug 27, 2012
- U2 to headline Glastonbury's 40th b'day next year - Nov 23, 2009
- Jay-Z to get $1 mn for New Year eve show - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: american rock band, brandon flowers, brit awards, brit rock, charity concert, charity event, chris martin, coldplay, crowd, daily star, gary barlow, gig, killers, london feb, o2, shepherds bush empire, surprise appearance, u2, war child