“Coffee House is the story about people”-Saakshi TanwarMarch 30th, 2009 - 1:25 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Saakshi Tanwar born and brought up in Alwar city of Rajasthan and did her graduation from Lady Shri Ram in Delhi. Then somebody told her about the audition for the Doordarshan musical show “Albela Sur Mela” and she got selected and then there was no looking back for Sakshi. She also worked in “Neem Ka Ped”,Ehsas, Dastoor, Bhanwar, XZone etc.She got the lead role in serial “Rajdhani” and then her destiney showed her the new colors of Fame and another lead role in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki which was produced by Balaji and we all know how popular it was.
These days Saakshi is back in News for her soon to be released “Coffee House’. Under the banner of Shiv Kala Motion Pictures and Marwaha Films, It is directed and written by Gurbir Singh Garewal. Other artists of the film Ashutosh Rana, Paintal, Brijesh Heerji, Hemant Pandey, Harsh Chhaya, Vinod Nagpal, Javed Khan, S.M.Zaheer, Neha Mishra and Aman Dhaliwal and some other theater artist from Delhi and Lucknow. Recently we had a conversation with Saakshi regarding the film; following are the impressions of the conversation-
Tell us something about your film “Coffee House”, what is the story about?
The story of the film is about a coffee house and groups of different people but because they all come to the coffee house they have a sort of relation with each other .It depicts youth, unemployed, retired and old age people. The film has feelings, humor, pain and joy which will make the audience search for few answers in their own lives.
Ashutosh Rana is also there in this film with you?
Yes, he is there. He plays the role of my husband. It was great working with him and I got to learn many things from him.
Tell us something about director Gurbir?
I had known Gurbir ji since the time I started my career, I had also worked in his popular serial “Neem Ka Ped” on Doordarshan. Gurbir ji was nominated for Videocon Awards for best director for the same. Gurbir ji is my mentor and we share disciple relation and by working in his film I will repay my debt of Gratitude to him.
How was the experience ruling the small screen for 8 years?
It was great When I started I never thought that people will like the Character of Parvati so much. Together with the character of Parvati I felt and learnt about different relationships too.
Are you working in any Daily soap?
No, right now I am not working in any soap because I have no interest doing same kind of role.
What kind of character you would like to play?
I have done lots of roles that portrait sadness now I want to play some romantic comedy roles.
Now day there is a boom of TV serials and reality show but you are not seen in any of them. Why?
I am not comfortable with the dance shows but I really have an interest in comedy show.
Except “Coffee House” which all films you are doing?
Ya I am doing one film but right now I can’t reveal anything about it.
In “Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki” you lived the emotions of a wife, so any such intentions in real life?
Well there are, but as we all say “everything happens by god’s grace” so he must have kept something good for me.
- I want to play romantic comedy roles: Saakshi Tanwar - Apr 12, 2009
- Saakshi Tanwar in Coffee House - Mar 27, 2009
- Ekta promised me an image makeover: Sakshi Tanwar - May 29, 2011
- I just accept the best options: Narayani Shastri (With Images) - Apr 09, 2012
- Coffee House press meet - Mar 25, 2009
- As India borrows Pakistani romance, one man recasts himself - Sep 16, 2011
- "Coffee House is the story about people" - Mar 27, 2009
- Playing historical character is not easy: Achint Kaur - Dec 31, 2010
- 'Tere Naam 2' script will be ready soon: Satish Kaushik (Movie Snippets) - Sep 21, 2011
- Being air force pilot was childhood fantasy: Pankaj Kapoor (Interview) - Sep 20, 2011
- Pakistani women love India's 'saas-bahu' sagas - Nov 11, 2010
- Actors live on edge, it's scary: Rajesh Khera - Jan 06, 2012
- Sakshi Tanwar to appear in 'Balika Vadhu' - Mar 26, 2010
- Shaan's tryst with acting! (Movie Snippets) - Oct 26, 2011
- Varun Badola rues lack of quality content on TV - Apr 15, 2012
Tags: ashutosh rana, balaji, best director, coffee house, destiney, dhaliwal, doordarshan, ghar ghar, harsh chhaya, hemant, javed khan, lead role, mishra, nagpal, neha, rajdhani, sakshi, shri ram, theater artist, zaheer