Coen brothers Burn After Reading tops weekend box officeSeptember 15th, 2008 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sept 15 (ANI): The Coen brothers comedy Burn After Reading topped the weekend box office, raking in 19.4 million dollars.
According to studio estimates, Tyler Perry’’s The Family That Preys was second with 18 million dollars, reports E! Online.
Righteous Kill, starring Robert De Niro and Al Pacino, came third with 16.5 milliond dollars.
The Women landed the fourth spot with 10.1 million dollars and rounding off the top five was The House Bunny, which raked in 4.3 million dollars.
The top ten on the weekend box office are:
1. Burn After Reading, $19.4 million
2. Tyler Perry’’s The Family That Preys, $18 million
3. Righteous Kill, $16.5 million
4. The Women, $10.1 million
5. The House Bunny, $4.3 million
6. Tropic Thunder, $4.2 million
7. The Dark Knight, $4 million
8. Bangkok Dangerous, $2.4 million
9. Traitor, $2.1 million
10. Death Race, $2 million (ANI)
Tags: 1 million dollars, 5 million, al pacino, bangkok dangerous, coen brothers, comedy, dark knight, death race, righteous kill, robert de niro, robert de niro and al pacino, studio estimates, tops, traitor, tropic thunder, tyler perry, weekend box office