Clint Eastwood ”casts son” in Nelson Mandela biopicMarch 19th, 2009 - 4:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 19 (ANI): Clint Eastwoods son Scott has landed a role in his father’’s untitled Nelson Mandela biopic, according to reports.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon have already signed on for the film, which is based on the real-life story of how Mandela united South Africa.
This isnt the first time that Scott has starred in a film directed by his father, reports the BBC.
He starred in both Gran Torino and Flags of Our Fathers. The actor’’s credit usually appears as Scott Reeves.
The film is adapted from John Carlin’’s book, Playing the Enemy: Nelson Mandela and the Game That Made a Nation.
The film revolves around Mandela’’s plan, following his historic election in 1994, to unite the country around the Rugby World Cup. (ANI)
- Matt Damon Latest Movie "Invictus" Ready To Hit Theatres - Dec 11, 2009
- Nelson Mandela's tale not easy to understand: Eastwood - Feb 17, 2010
- 'Invictus' star Morgan Freeman says he's no rugby fan - Feb 01, 2010
- Not aiming at acting return: Clint Eastwood - Oct 14, 2010
- Morgan Freeman to be guest of honour at Sarajevo Film Festival - Jun 23, 2010
- Matt Damon not afraid of ageing - Jan 16, 2011
- Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela in 'Invictus' - Dec 13, 2009
- I have been preparing to play Mandela for years: Freeman - Dec 06, 2009
- George Clooney's 'Up in the Air' named Best Picture - Dec 04, 2009
- Clint Eastwood To Helm Fourth Version Of 'A Star Is Born' With Beyonce Knowles - Jan 21, 2011
- Clint Eastwood to act again? - Oct 07, 2011
- Morgan Freeman in talks to star in thriller 'Red' - Jul 20, 2009
- Matt Damon to star in Human Factor - Jun 04, 2008
- Morgan Freeman says award nominations have done nothing for his career - Jan 27, 2010
- Clint Eastwood likens Nelson Mandela to Christ - Dec 06, 2009
Tags: bbc, biopic, clint eastwood, clint eastwoods son, flags of our fathers, game, gran torino, hollywood, hollywood reporter, john carlin, london, matt damon, morgan freeman, nelson mandela, rugby world cup, scott reeves, south africa