Claudia Schiffer perfects the sex kitten look for VogueMay 15th, 2008 - 2:07 pm ICT by admin
London, May 15 (ANI): German supermodel and actress Claudia Schiffer has proven once again that she still has what it takes to wear the sex kitten look for the cover of Vogue magazine.
The 37-year-old and a mother of two, dressed in nothing but a pair of knickers, black stockings and a feline mask, posed provocatively for renowned fashion photographer Mario Testino.
The photograph is part of a collection boldly named Sex, by Testino, who is famous for his iconic images of the world’s most famous stars, including Princess Diana and Madonna.
Schiffer was first noticed as a model and she dominated the catwalk and fashion magazines in the 1990s, but she has since stepped away from it all after giving birth to her son Casper in 2003 and daughter Clementine a year later.
It would seem that the new shoot, which appears on the cover of the German edition of Vogue, marks her gradual return to the modelling scene.
In 2007 she had teamed up for a shoot with fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who had made her the face of Chanel more than 20 years ago.
Schiffer had stated then that the new generation of models could no longer achieve the kind of global celebrity she, Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford enjoyed in the 1990s.
“In order to become a supermodel one must be on all the covers all over the world at the same time so that people can recognise the girls, the Telegraph quoted her, as saying.
“That is, for now, not possible, not least because the advertising industry is very much taken nowadays by popstars and actresses. Supermodels like we once were don’t exist any more,” she added.
The 5ft 11in model has appeared on more than 500 magazine covers and was estimated to be worth around 38 million pounds by the Forbes list in 2002.
In 2002, she married Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels film producer Matthew Vaughn after ending a long-term romance with magician David Copperfield.
The couple now live in a 5 million-pound Suffolk mansion with their two children. (ANI)
- Claudia Schiffer's cover picture evokes anger - Jun 04, 2010
- Claudia Schiffer Has A Baby Girl - May 16, 2010
- I feel much healthier at 40 than I did in my 20s, says Claudia Schiffer - Sep 12, 2010
- Claudia Schiffer sparks race row after posing as black woman - Jun 04, 2010
- Kate Moss smoulders as she poses nude for Brazilian Vogue - Apr 29, 2011
- Pregnant Claudia Schiffer poses nude for mag - May 11, 2010
- Karlie Kloss graces the cover of Vogue Italia issue - Dec 02, 2011
- When I was modelling, size 10 was a normal size: Cindy Crawford - Apr 21, 2011
- It's a baby girl for Claudia Schiffer, Matthew Vaughn - May 16, 2010
- Claudia Schiffer too shy to ever model on the catwalk again - Mar 12, 2011
- Allen turns fashion journalist - May 28, 2011
- Kate Moss graces Vogue's cover for 30th time! - Aug 22, 2010
- Lagerfeld's comment upsets Pippa Middleton - Aug 12, 2012
- Supermodel Kristen McMenamy Fluants Grey Tresses On Magazine Covers - Aug 03, 2010
- Claudia Schiffer's clothing line to hit shops in 2011 - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: black stockings, cindy crawford, claudia schiffer, daughter clementine, designer karl lagerfeld, famous stars, fashion designer, fashion magazines, fashion photographer, film producer, forbes list, german edition, karl lagerfeld, matthew vaughn, naomi campbell, popstars, princess diana, sex kitten, term romance, vogue magazine