Christopher Reeve’s ‘Superman’ suit to go on autionMay 13th, 2009 - 12:34 am ICT by IANS
London, May 12 (IANS) Comic book fans will be able to get their hands on a piece of superhero history when the suit late actor Christopher Reeve wore as “Superman” will go under the hammer in Australia.
The red, blue and yellow outfit that was donned by Reeve in the 1983 film “Superman III” is now being offered for sale in Melbourne by a private collector, reports contactmusic.com.
The leotard, which bears the famous ‘S’ logo, was used in “Superman II”, while the red trunks and yellow belt are from Reeve’s debut as the man of steel in the 1978 “Superman The Movie”.
The costume is expected to fetch between $11,470 (7,646 pounds) to $15,294 (10,196 pounds) when it goes to auction May 24.
Reeve played the superhero in four movies between 1978 and 1987. He died aged 52 in 2004.
- Michael Shannon cast as 'Superman' villain Gen Zod - Apr 11, 2011
- Zack Snyder Directing New Superman Flick - Oct 05, 2010
- General Zod To Play Villain In Upcoming Superman Flick - Oct 06, 2010
- Clint Eastwood declined James Bond - Sep 10, 2010
- Crowe to play Superman's dad? - Jun 16, 2011
- Crowe to play Superman's dad in 'Man of Steel'? - Jun 17, 2011
- ‘Smallville’ Poster Shows The Superman In Clark Kent - Jan 05, 2011
- Man Of Steel Comic-Con poster creates a buzz - Jul 16, 2012
- Zack Snyder to direct new Superman movie - Oct 05, 2010
- Christopher Reeves Had Affair With Cal Culver, New Book Reveals - Jul 23, 2010
- Nolan taking inspiration from 'Superman' for remake - Jun 29, 2010
- DC Comics Unveals Superman’s New Look - Oct 26, 2010
- Radcliffe wants to play superhero - May 26, 2012
- 'Superman' star Christopher Reeve 'had affair with gay porn star' - Jul 24, 2010
- British Actor Henry Cavill Lands Role In "Superman: Man of Steel" - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: actor christopher reeve, australia, christopher reeve, comic book fans, debut, film superman, hammer, leotard, london, man of steel, may 24, melbourne, private collector, superman ii, superman iii, trunks, yellow outfit