Christopher Nolan condemns theatre shootingJuly 21st, 2012 - 2:51 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 21 (IANS) “The Dark Knight Rises” director Christopher Nolan has paid condolences to the victims and their families of Friday’s deadly cinema hall rampage in Denver.
The mishap, in which a masked man opened fire at a midnight premiere of the latest Batman film, happened Friday morning. Nolan expressed grief over the incident, which left 12 people dead and 59 injured, reports contactmusic.com.
“I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community,” Nolan said.
“I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me,” he added.
The film’s distribution company Warner Bros. Pictures has now cancelled the premiere in Paris and France.
- Batman movie premiere turns deadly in Denver, 12 dead (Fifth Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 20, 2012
- 14 shot dead as they saw Batman film in US theatre (Third Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Shooter at Batman premiere: I was 'the Joker' - Jul 21, 2012
- Batman Christian Bale was in Aurora town visiting the shooting victims - Jul 25, 2012
- Deadly Denver shooting at Batman premiere kills 12 (Night Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- If only Batman could've saved victims: Tweet on US killing - Jul 20, 2012
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- 14 shot dead at US theatre screening Batman film (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Plans to reinvent Batman after 'Dark Knight Rises' revealed - Mar 31, 2011
- 'Dark Knight Rises' prologue releaesed - Dec 10, 2011
- Sequel of 'The Dark Night' to Hit Screens in 2012 - May 03, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- Zack Snyder Directing New Superman Flick - Oct 05, 2010
- 10 killed in US cinema shooting (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Nolan announces 'Batman 3' title - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: aurora community, batman, batman film, christopher nolan, cinema hall, condolences, dark knight, director christopher nolan, distribution company, friday morning, grief, masked man, mishap, movie theatre, paris, profound sorrow, rampage, senseless tragedy, warner bros