Christina Ricci can’t see herself in mirrorOctober 25th, 2010 - 5:37 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 25 (IANS) Hollywood actress Christina Ricci doesn’t like to look at herself in a mirror because of the body issues she suffered as a younger actress.
The “Sleepy Hollow” star, who battled eating disorder anorexia after she was catapulted to fame, couldn’t stand seeing herself in a mirror because she had such low self-esteem about her looks and figure, reports celebrifi.com.
“For years, I hated myself. I covered the mirrors in my house. I literally couldn’t have a mirror in my room,” said Ricci, who shot to fame when she was just 10 after starring in “Mermaids” alongside Cher, Winona Ryder and Bob Hoskins.
Even though she has got over her body issues, 30-year-old Ricci still doesn’t like to see her reflection in a mirror.
“I still can’t sit in a restaurant or someplace where I can catch my reflection. I get so paranoid,” she said.
One role that helped her deal with her body hang-ups was her part in 2007 film “Black Snake Moan” - in which she starred opposite Samuel L. Jackson and had to appear for most of the movie in only her underwear.
“For that, I needed to lose any self-consciousness because I feel sometimes you can see that in a nude scene,” she said.
- Christina Ricci 'hated seeing herself in the mirror' - Oct 25, 2010
- Knightley hates her bad skin - Mar 17, 2012
- Christina Ricci still has stage fright - Sep 21, 2011
- Hilary Swank surprised by success - Jan 02, 2011
- I hate exercising: Longoria - Sep 03, 2012
- Posh launches new range of spectacles - Aug 09, 2012
- Demi Moore cries at everything! - Feb 19, 2010
- Paloma Faith doesn't use full-length mirror - Jul 17, 2012
- A debut that highlights Asian cinema - Oct 19, 2011
- Alicia Sacramone poses in ESPN's Body issue - Oct 06, 2011
- I was a rule follower at school: Kristen - Oct 09, 2011
- Rihanna loves being naked - Mar 24, 2012
- Lady Gaga was afraid of intimacy - Dec 07, 2009
- Sue Johnston talks about her tryst with bulimia - Aug 22, 2011
- Jessica Biel regrets not finishing college - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: anorexia, black snake moan, bob hoskins, cher, christina ricci, eating disorder, hang ups, hollywood, hollywood actress, low self esteem, mermaids, mirror, reflection, samuel l jackson, self consciousness, sleepy hollow, sleepy hollow star, underwear, ups, winona ryder