Christina Hendricks sparks sales of clothes that give hourglass silhouetteFebruary 25th, 2011 - 1:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 25 (ANI): Actress Christina Hendricks has sparked an increase in the sales of clothes that give an hourglass silhouette with her curvy figure.
Hendricks, 35, has been topping best-dressed lists at awards ceremonies since last year’s Emmys, and her popularity marks a return to old school preferences when curvy was in and hourglass figures were ideal.
The demand for silhouette clothes at Debenhams increased by 225 percent last year.
“It looks like big busts, big hips and narrow waists are on their way back,” the Daily Mail quoted Debenhams spokeswoman Michelle Dowdall as saying.
“We’re returning to an age when all women looked like Jane Russell, Ava Gardner and Rita Hayworth.
“It’s bad news for stick thin models - but great news for ordinary women on the street with healthy, fuller figures,” she stated.
Debenhams expects sales of pencil skirts, fitted jackets and strapless dresses to increase, which is a major shift from today’s boyish, androgynous styles.
Deep v-neck sweaters, tight fitting blouses - and good underwear hiding bumps and lumps - will also become wardrobe staples.
“We’re watching this development very closely. If hourglass figures are going to return - and current evidence suggests that they are - then we need to begin planning for that major change now,” Dowdall added. (ANI)
- Key to fashion statement is figuring out body type - Sep 21, 2010
- British women mostly have rectangular shape - May 29, 2011
- Top Wedding Dresses Of 2011: A Sneak-Peek - Jan 03, 2011
- Long or colourful, Delhi re-discovers the overcoat! - Jan 11, 2011
- Hendricks borrows clothes from show - Mar 11, 2012
- Winslet proud to be curvy - Nov 12, 2011
- Now first four-way brassiere that promises to smooth out bulges - Apr 09, 2011
- Christina Hendricks felt 'invisible' before Mad Men - Aug 02, 2010
- Manish Arora, Narendra Kumar tie up with Debenhams - May 18, 2011
- Girls ditching size zero for hourglass figures - Jul 19, 2010
- Jenny Packman launches new outlet at Debenhams - Feb 07, 2012
- Go for jackets, dark colours this winter - Nov 11, 2010
- Off with little black dress! Trousers are in - Jul 18, 2011
- Brit women dump g-strings for granny pants - Aug 07, 2010
- Raquel Welch voted top beach bikini beauty - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: ava gardner, awards ceremonies, big busts, big hips, bumps and lumps, christina hendricks, curvy figure, daily mail, debenhams, dowdall, hourglass figures, jane russell, london feb, ordinary women, rita hayworth, school preferences, staples, strapless dresses, thin models, v neck sweaters