Christina Aguilera Shines In ‘Burlesque’ SoundtrackNovember 27th, 2010 - 8:07 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Christina Aguilera seems to have all the luck this week as the soundtrack of her new movie ‘Burlesque’ has turned out to be an absolute winner. The soundtrack was, reportedly, made not just to compliment the movie but also as a stand alone album that would please the fans of the stars. The album not only has some brand new singles recorded by Cher and Christina Aguilera but also some exceptional remakes/covers sung by the ‘Genie In A Bottle Star’.
Christina Aguilera has herself contributed to the album with not just her vocals but also her lyrics in some of the tracks. Among some of the covers to which she has added a new lease of life there is the Etta James classic ‘Something’s Got A Hold On Me’ and the Mae West melody ‘The Guy What Takes His Time’. Christina Aguilera has added her own unique style and appeal to the songs.
The album has been a great success on the web and the iTunes chart have ranked it No.2 presently. Christina Aguilera performed one of the songs from the soundtrack at the American Music Awards 2010 and the audience were completely bedazzled with the provocative dance and the rousing vocals that the pop icon still possesses. She followed up the grand performance with another at the finale of ‘Dancing With The Stars’ where she was seen in a revealing and provocative outfit. The popularity of the album soared after the performances in the two shows and going by the hype that ‘Burlesque’ is receiving presently, it looks like Christina Aguilera has a real winner in her hands in ‘Burlesque’.
- Christina Aguilera Sizzles On 'DWTS' Stage - Nov 24, 2010
- Christina Aguilera's Burlesque Performance Leaves Audience Spellbound - Nov 22, 2010
- Review Of Burlesque: Predictable Storyline But Watch For Cher’s Performance - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Burlesque' - Predictable but snappy (IANS Film Review; Rating: ***) - Jan 29, 2011
- Christina Aguilera Shows Off Curves - Sep 29, 2010
- Aguilera to release dance comeback - Jul 20, 2012
- 'Burlesque' wins Golden Globe for best song - Jan 17, 2011
- Christina Aguilera Commemorates Her 30th Birthday With Her New Boyfriend, Matthew Rutler - Dec 15, 2010
- Oscars best original song contenders unveiled - Dec 17, 2010
- Aguilera gets bruised shooting 'Burlesque' - Nov 19, 2010
- Rihanna And Christina Aguilera Face Criticism For Their Outrageous Outfits On "X-Factor" - Dec 13, 2010
- Christina Aguilera Getting Advice from Mentor Cher - Nov 17, 2010
- Christina Aguilera goes back to raunchy roots with DWTS performance - Nov 25, 2010
- Cher Talks About "Burlesque", Her Role And Christina Aguilera - Nov 20, 2010
- Fergie Defends Christina Aguilera's National Anthem Gaffe - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: absolute winner, american music awards, cher, christina aguilera, compliment, dancing with the stars, etta james, finale, genie in a bottle, grand performance, guy what takes his time, hype, kar, mae west, meena, melody, new lease, pop icon, popularity, remakes