Christina Aguilera Apologizes For Mangling National Anthem At Super BowlFebruary 8th, 2011 - 7:24 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Feb 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Though blonde singer Christina Aguilera hit all the right notes while singing national anthem at Super Bowl but certainly she did not sing the right lyrics. It was the gala opening of Super Bowl XLV where who’s who of the entertainment industry graced the event to support their teams Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers. Many renowned celebrities performed on stage to entertain the audience. Christina Aguilera was given the golden opportunity to sing national anthem in the grand event. However, the audience was shocked when the “Burlesque” singer botched up the lyrics of “The Star-Spangled Banner” and sang her on improvised version. Later, she apologized for her grave mistake.
The actual lyrics of the national anthem goes like “O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming”, however, while singing the song in front of the millions of audiences, the singer sang, “What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last gleaming”! This grave mistake of the singer has been criticized sharply by all the audience and critics. However, some bloggers are of the opinion that in spite of the gaffe, the singer handled the situation like a pro. On the other hand, a reputed media outlet reported that the hot singer was completely devastated when she was on the back stage.
On the other hand, later Christina Aguilera offered apology to everyone and said that she somehow got caught up in the moment and hence lot her pace. However, the singe also stated that she hopes the Americans would understand her love for the country. She also asked the audience to know that in spite of the gaffe, the true spirit of the song still came through.
- Fergie Defends Christina Aguilera's National Anthem Gaffe - Feb 08, 2011
- Christina Aguilera National Anthem Super Bowl - Feb 07, 2011
- Christina Aguilera Offers Apology For Botching Up National Anthem - Feb 07, 2011
- Christina Aguilera invited to sing do-over of anthem - Feb 09, 2011
- Christina Aguilera talks about her anthem mistake - Apr 27, 2011
- Christina Aguilera jokes about her infamous Super Bowl mishap - Apr 28, 2011
- Aguilera's anthem flub causes stir in the betting camp - Feb 08, 2011
- Christina Aguilera 'messes up US National anthem at Superbowl' - Feb 07, 2011
- Cyndi Lauper forgets the words of the US national anthem - Sep 12, 2011
- Christina Aguilera gets the US National Anthem wrong - Feb 08, 2011
- Christina Aguilera 'to sing US National anthem at Super Bowl' - Jan 14, 2011
- Lauren Alaina flubs the national anthem - Nov 25, 2011
- Steven Tyler sings the National Anthem at the AFC championship (Video) - Jan 23, 2012
- Christina Aguilera apologises after National Anthem flub - Feb 08, 2011
- Christina Aguilera Blunders Again, Falls At Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: apology, back stage, christina aguilera, entertainment industry, gaffe, gina gomez, golden opportunity, grave mistake, green bay packers, lyrics of the star spangled banner, pittsburgh steelers, ramparts, renowned celebrities, singe, singer christina aguilera, singing national anthem, spite, star spangled banner, super bowl, true spirit