Christie Brinkley turns to West Side Story to teach son about gang violenceMarch 24th, 2009 - 5:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 24 (ANI): American model Christie Brinkley has revealed that she turned a viewing of revived Broadway musical West Side Story into a life lesson for her teenage son.
Brinkley, 55, wanted her son to understand the violence of gangs and the danger involved with them, when she saw 13-year-old Jack and his sister reading an ad recruiting people to a gang.
Not too long ago, my son and daughter were on an online game, and a pop-up ad came up and they were trying to recruit the kids to a gang. And I thought Oh my gosh! Contactmusic quoted her as telling the New York Daily News.
I thought he (son) could learn a thing or two from the show. Kids back then joined gangs, and (it) is relevant as these gangs are re-emerging, she added. (ANI)
- Christie Brinkley all set to make her Broadway debut - Feb 08, 2011
- Hudson's style icon is Kate Moss - Mar 25, 2011
- Christie Brinkley Roped In To Play Broadway Role - Feb 08, 2011
- Christie Brinkley won't marry again - Jul 12, 2011
- Beverly Johnson And Three Other Beauties Join Oprah Winfrey - Feb 05, 2011
- Christie Brinkley To Penetrate 'Chicago' On Broadway - Feb 08, 2011
- Christie Brinkley debuts in West End - Jul 15, 2011
- Brinkley pledges to settle tax debt - Dec 06, 2011
- I haven't given up on love: Christie Brinkley - May 31, 2011
- Gisele Bundchen says she's lucky that her sons get along well - Dec 03, 2010
- TV writer Don Brinkley dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Selling fashion the pop-up way (With Images) - Jun 12, 2012
- Miley Cyrus vows to settle scores with prank caller Justin Bieber - Jun 09, 2010
- Miley Cyrus vows to take revenge on prankster Bieber - Jun 08, 2010
- Jessica Alba is a strict mother - Feb 26, 2012