Christie Brinkley rediscovers her old love surfing!August 5th, 2008 - 5:34 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 5 (ANI): After a highly publicised divorce trial, Christie Brinkley has found a way to unwind surfing.
The supermodel has taken up the hobby while vacationing in Long Island, New York after ending her marriage to ex-husband Peter Cook just last month.
The 54-year-old insists hitting the waves has helped her to relax and remember her roots.
“Yes, I”ve dusted off my surfboard. When I was 13, I was a surfer girl in Malibu, putting my phonograph needle over and over on the old Beach Boys songs, the New York Daily News quoted her, as saying.
“My kids and I love it out on the water. We get away from the crowds by kayaking out to explore the inlets and coves, and we”ve tried the new rage of standup paddling on the surfboard.
This summer I want to just slow everything down, she added. (ANI)
- Christie Brinkley shares her fitness secrets - Dec 02, 2010
- Nuns to host 15th annual surfing contest in NJ - Aug 30, 2010
- Brinkley pledges to settle tax debt - Dec 06, 2011
- TV writer Don Brinkley dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Christie Brinkley all set to make her Broadway debut - Feb 08, 2011
- Christie Brinkley won't marry again - Jul 12, 2011
- Supermodel Christie Brinkley Launches Jewellry Designs For QVC - Aug 02, 2010
- Surfer Stephen King has a lucky escape from shark attack - Dec 12, 2011
- I haven't given up on love: Christie Brinkley - May 31, 2011
- Kayaker sets 82-feet world record by plunging down Oregon's Metlako Falls - May 27, 2010
- Christie Brinkley debuts in West End - Jul 15, 2011
- Christie Brinkley Roped In To Play Broadway Role - Feb 08, 2011
- Christie Brinkley & Peter Cook finally settle their divorce issues - Oct 14, 2009
- Surfer Zoltan Torkos does a kickflip on a surfboard - Mar 10, 2011
- Pattinson upset by shirtless photos - Apr 18, 2012
Tags: beach boys, beach boys songs, christie brinkley, coves, crowds, divorce, inlets, long island, long island new york, malibu, new rage, new york daily news, peter cook, phonograph needle, roots, supermodel, surfboard, surfer girl, waves, york daily news