Christie Brinkley & Peter Cook finally settle their divorce issuesOctober 14th, 2009 - 10:12 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Riverhead, Oct 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Supermodel Christie Brinkley and her architect husband Peter Cook had divorced almost 2 years ago in a nasty battle that brought his infidelity onto the public radar, out in the open. However, all their divorce issues are still not over. Peter Cook, is now alleging Brinkley is in contempt of court for failing to hand over a passport belonging to their son Jack, 14, in time for a class trip to Egypt last November.
Later, the supermodel Brinkley filed a counterclaim against her ex-husband Peter Cook, saying that interviews he gave to Geraldo Rivera and Barbara Walters violated the terms of their settlement.
Attorneys for both sides of the couple said outside court that their respective claims had been dropped in the general interest of post-marital harmony. They said a revised agreement calls for improved communications between the dueling exes on topics like the transfer of the children’s passports and visitation issues.
Before signing off on the agreement, state Supreme Court Justice Mark D. Cohen obtained assurances from Cook and Brinkley that the latest pact “resolves each and every issue in this post-judgment matter.”
The fifty-year-old Peter Cook, told reporters after the proceeding that he was pleased with the outcome.
“My goal all along has been to try and remove conflict so that we can go on about our lives,” Cook said. “I respect my children’s time with their mom, and all I ask is that she respect their time with me.”
However, Christie didn’t mince words when she said that “I think there’s a lot of people out there that would benefit from Googling the site, ‘Divorcing a Narcissist,’ and it will give you a lot of insight about what I’ve been going through for the past 3½ years,” she said.
She noted that during the divorce trial last year, a court-appointed forensic psychologist diagnosed Cook as “a narcissist who needed unending praise.”
- Christie Brinkley won't marry again - Jul 12, 2011
- Christie Brinkley selling off wedding dress - Mar 11, 2010
- I haven't given up on love: Christie Brinkley - May 31, 2011
- Brinkley pledges to settle tax debt - Dec 06, 2011
- Christie Brinkley vows never to get married again - Jun 02, 2009
- Brinkley's ex-hubby Cook says bitter divorce battle revived his career - Sep 04, 2009
- Christie Brinkley all set to make her Broadway debut - Feb 08, 2011
- Stephanie Seymour and Peter Brant Call Off Divorce - Sep 21, 2010
- Christie Brinkley debuts in West End - Jul 15, 2011
- Supermodel Christie Brinkley Launches Jewellry Designs For QVC - Aug 02, 2010
- Christie Brinkley To Penetrate 'Chicago' On Broadway - Feb 08, 2011
- Katie Price sues first husband Peter Andre - Mar 25, 2012
- Kathy Ireland named world's richest model - Feb 24, 2012
- Christie Brinkley Roped In To Play Broadway Role - Feb 08, 2011
- Model Christie Brinkley, ex hubby in new custody ''breach'' fued - Jan 08, 2009
Tags: barbara walters, christie brinkley, christie brinkley peter cook, class trip, contempt of court, counterclaim, divorce issues, exes, forensic psychologist, geraldo rivera, improved communications, infidelity, last november, marital harmony, narcissist, nasty battle, settlement attorneys, state supreme court, supreme court justice, visitation issues