Christian Bale struggles to maintain vegetarianismMay 22nd, 2009 - 1:37 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Batman star Christian Bale is finding it hard to maintain his vegetarianism because he is often struck with the strong compulsion to eat meat.
The actor turned vegetarian when he was seven years old and kept it up for nearly 20 years, until an odd movie theatre experience left him craving meat.
He tells GQ magazine, “I was in Toronto and went to see the (1997) movie Life is Beautiful by myself. And when I came out, I had a craving for blood unlike anything I had ever experienced since I decided to go vegetarian.
“It was a compulsion. It was undeniable. I went to several restaurants, one right after the other and got the biggest bloodiest steaks I could get my hands on. It was the first time I had tasted flesh in almost 20 years.”
- Sampurn Media
- 'Blood thirsty' Christian Bale struggles with vegetarianism - May 22, 2009
- Christian Bale doesn't want to be Batman any more - Nov 28, 2011
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- Why won't Bale miss Batman costume? - Jun 20, 2012
- Batman's costume gave Bale panic attack - Jul 10, 2012
- Batman Christian Bale was in Aurora town visiting the shooting victims - Jul 25, 2012
- Bill Clinton Stars on 'Rachael Ray' Show - Sep 20, 2011
- Bale's daughter loves his Batman act - Jul 17, 2012
- Go vegetarian, it's healthier: Poorna - Jul 10, 2012
- Eminem wants to play Batman's arch enemy The Riddler - Sep 20, 2010
- 14 shot dead at US theatre screening Batman film (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Batwing crashes during filming - Aug 15, 2011
- Prince Harry gets cozy with model Cara Delevingne - Jul 20, 2012
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' biggest story I've told: Christopher Nolan (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012