Christian Bale reveals his broke daysJune 1st, 2008 - 8:08 pm ICT by admin
London, June 1 (ANI): He might be starring in the biggest grosser of recent times, but Batman star Christian Bale was so broke five years back, that he even had his house repossessed, revealed the actor himself.
Though he was cast in American Psycho in 2000 and Reign of Fire in 2002, his low earnings had landed him into deep debt, because of which he and his wife Sibi Blazic had to be forced out of their house.
However, the Welsh-born actor claims that he is not the only celebrity to face such a situation, as many before have also been through hard times.
I don’t believe that there’s an actor alive who hasn’t been in that position - and in that position many years after people recognise you and have a very wrong impression of what they imagine your life to be like, The Sun quoted him, as telling Details magazine.
When asked about when exactly he had his encounter with debt, he said: I know absolutely when it was. I’m just trying to decide how comfortable I am talking about it. (It’s) only going back five years. House repossession - all that.
Bale also said that he did all those big screen roles just to earn buck to clear his debt, including one particular movie that he refused to name.
The actor, whose second Batman film, The Dark Knight, is releasing in July, said: I won’t tell what it was, but it was following closely on the heels of (the repossession). It ended up that I found a great many experiences from it - but the motivation was completely keeping the head above water.
After doing roles in The Machinist, Batman Begins Harsh Times in 2004 and 2005, Bale became one of Hollywood’s highest earners. (ANI)
- Bale never wanted to get married - Jul 05, 2012
- 'Batman Begins' star faced financial woes just five years ago - May 30, 2008
- Christian Bale applies for U.S. citizenship? - Apr 04, 2010
- Christian Bale slams partying problem reports - Feb 11, 2011
- Bale hasn't spoken to family in 18 months - Mar 09, 2010
- Bale's daughter loves his Batman act - Jul 17, 2012
- Christian Bale doesn't want to be Batman any more - Nov 28, 2011
- Christian Bale seeking US citizenship? - Apr 04, 2010
- Batman Christian Bale was in Aurora town visiting the shooting victims - Jul 25, 2012
- Why won't Bale miss Batman costume? - Jun 20, 2012
- Eminem wants to play Batman's arch enemy The Riddler - Sep 20, 2010
- Christen Bale says losing weight for films is horrible - Jan 07, 2011
- Christian Bale denies marriage trouble - Feb 11, 2011
- Batman's costume gave Bale panic attack - Jul 10, 2012
- Christian Bale prefers modest lifestyle - May 25, 2009
Tags: american psycho, batman, batman begins, batman film, biggest grosser, broke days, christian bale, dark knight, details magazine, earners, earnings, encounter, experiences, harsh times, head above water, machinist, motivation, reign of fire, welsh, wrong impression