Christian Bale prefers modest lifestyleMay 25th, 2009 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 25 (IANS) “The Dark Knight” star Christian Bale prefers a “low-maintenance” lifestyle and lives in a modest house.
The 35-year-old actor is so uninterested in a lavish lifestyle that he turned down the opportunity to stay in a luxury villa while he was shooting for his forthcoming movie “Public Enemies” in Wisconsin, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Bale, who has a four-year-old daughter Emmeline with wife Sandra ‘Sibi’ Blazic, insists that his life hasn’t changed after he became a Hollywood star and he has no intention of losing his grip on normality.
“I do exactly the same as I have always done. I don’t have an assistant. I don’t drive a flashy car. I do everything myself. I go to the supermarket myself, the hardware store. It’s something I would greatly miss because I would start to feel like a prisoner,” Bale explained.
- Bale never wanted to get married - Jul 05, 2012
- Bale hasn't spoken to family in 18 months - Mar 09, 2010
- Christian Bale prefers a 'low maintenance' life - May 25, 2009
- Christian Bale seeking US citizenship? - Apr 04, 2010
- Christian Bale applies for U.S. citizenship? - Apr 04, 2010
- Christian Bale slams partying problem reports - Feb 11, 2011
- Bale was once dumped by Barrymore - Jun 01, 2012
- Christian Bale denies marriage trouble - Feb 11, 2011
- Bieber buys mansion worth $10.8 mn - Mar 07, 2012
- I have no shame: Kunis - Jul 20, 2012
- Lady Gaga wants non-glamorous life - Feb 22, 2011
- Christian Bale hasn't spoken to family since Dark Knight premiere tirade - Mar 09, 2010
- Bale was apprehensive about 'Batman' role - Dec 12, 2010
- Blake Lively embarrassed after nephew sees her naked - Jul 03, 2012
- Why won't Bale miss Batman costume? - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: christian bale, dark knight, emmeline, flashy car, hardware store, hollywood, hollywood star, intention, lavish lifestyle, life hasn, london, low maintenance, luxury villa, normality, public enemies, sandra sibi blazic, supermarket, wife sandra, wisconsin reports