Christian Bale lashes out at ‘Terminator Salvation’ crew for betraying himApril 30th, 2009 - 6:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 30 (ANI): Hollywood actor Christian Bale says that Terminator Salvation crewmembers betrayed his “magic circle” of trust by recording his on-set rant.
An audio clip of Bale screaming abuse at the film’s director of photography became a YouTube hit when it was leaked online in February. It featured 39 F-words and Bale threatening to quit the film.
In an interview to Total Film magazine, the ‘Batman Begins’ star lashed out at the crewmembers for betraying his trust.
“Hey, I did what I did. I’m not hiding from that. I went overboard,” the Telegraph quoted Bale as saying.
“But there is an essential trust and it’s not a tacit one, it’s a verbal one, a spoken one, which is [that] every sound guy says, ‘We are not only not recording, we’re not even listening.’
“So, well, there goes that. I do stress, though, it’s not in any way a trust that’s there to cover up bad behaviour. It’s not about that. It’s an essential trust that’s needed for creativity,” he added.
On being asked if he feared that the controversy would affect audiences’ enjoyment of Termination Salvation, he replied: “Yeah. It’s not in anyone’s interest to know that much.
“I understand people are interested, I get that they want to hear about it, but to me I look at it as old-school movie magic and with magic you do not reveal your secrets.
“You really make people work to find those secrets and generally you just reveal it to people who are going to join your ****ing magic circle and then you know about it.
“And you know, for me, I’ve never been comfortable with the revealing of those mysteries which I think are wonderful mysteries,” he added. (ANI)
- Schwarzenegger to return to acting - Jan 02, 2011
- Bale calls his profanity-laced tirade on Terminator sets 'inexcusable' - May 19, 2009
- Linda Hamilton disappointed with 'Terminator Salvation' - Feb 05, 2010
- Film promotions - actor's dilemma or delight? - Dec 01, 2011
- Willow Palin's Facebook rant is full of slurs - Nov 18, 2010
- Christian Bales mum devastated over his taped rant - Feb 05, 2009
- Christian Bale gets crewmember fired from 'Terminator: Salvation' - Feb 04, 2009
- In new tape, Mel Gibson tells ex: 'I'm so sorry I had a child with you' - Jul 27, 2010
- 'Anti-Jewish' John Galliano 'could face prison despite apology' - Mar 03, 2011
- Katy Perry trashes ex in 'Teenage Dream' track - Aug 09, 2010
- Wearing thong was daunting task for McConaughey - Jul 11, 2012
- Multi-starrers are risky: Sajid Khan - Mar 22, 2012
- Bryce Dallas Howard starring in the fourth edition of the "Terminator" - May 22, 2009
- Taylor, Emma love to cook, bake together - Apr 11, 2012
- Terminator Salvation producer defends Christian Bales on-set rant - Feb 03, 2009
Tags: audiences, bad behaviour, batman, batman begins, christian bale, controversy, creativity, director of photography, film magazine, hollywood, hollywood actor, lashes, london, magic circle, mysteries, old school, stress, telegraph, terminator, youtube