Christian Bale hasn’t spoken to family since Dark Knight premiere tiradeMarch 9th, 2010 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 9 (ANI): Christian Bale has not been in touch with his family since the premiere of his hit film ‘The Dark Knight’, according to his mother.
The actor was arrested for allegedly assaulting his family during their last meeting in a hotel suite in London.
Bale had apparently invited his mother Jenny and sister Sharon with her three daughters, aged 12, 10 and one at the time, to join him and his wife Sibi Blazic for the premiere.
“He just exploded with anger like I have never seen. He never gave us a chance to find out what it was all about before he frog-marched us out of his suite,” News.com.au quoted Jenny, as telling The Daily Mail newspaper.
She added: “He’s not talking to us, it’s not the other way round. He has changed his phone numbers, and he ignores the letters, emails and birthday cards I send.
“As awful as that night was, and although I rack my mind every day about what could have made him behave like that, I’d happily forget it happened if we could go back to being a family. That’s the most important thing.
“We miss Christian terribly. But it’s been more than 18 months now and it’s hard to see how this will ever end.”
Bale had left his mother at the age of 17 and lived with his father in California when they divorced.
Jenny added: “He’d emailed a few times. In the last one, he signed off saying: ‘See you at The Dorchester for the premiere. Perhaps we’ll have dinner?’ So that’s what we were expecting.
“We hadn’t all been together for maybe a year. I was dying to see him and his family, especially his little girl.
“We arrived at the hotel at about 5pm, the girls were all excited, dressed up in the outfits they’d bought for their big night out with Uncle Christian. But it was probably about 9pm before he was available to see us.”
Also, Sharon said: “We walked into his suite and he didn’t say much. It was clear that he was angry for some reason. He left the room to take a phone call, so we sat down and I took out some muffins that I’d made and started making up a bottle for the baby while we waited.
“Then he walked in and immediately started shouting at us. He was saying how angry he was that we had left the arrangements to the last minute - which made no sense because we’d been planning it for weeks with all the people around him. Perhaps the messages weren’t getting through, we just don’t know.
“He was screaming at Mum: ‘It’s not on! It’s not on!’ He kept saying it was rude. We weren’t being respectful.
“I don’t know whether he had just found out I couldn’t stay for the premiere, but he was saying I hadn’t respected the plans that had been made.
“Despite what the papers said afterwards, this wasn’t a two-sided argument. We have no idea what set him off. He was filming Terminator at the time, so he was huge and muscular. The girls were terrified. They were screaming and crying.
“He had his face to mine and he was bellowing and swearing about how I never called or emailed.
“His wife, who I have met a few times and always got on with, was standing across the room. I kept asking her: ‘Why is he doing this?’ but she just shrugged. I was shaking. It was so frightening. I said: ‘But Christian, we call you all the time.’
“It probably went on for about ten minutes before he physically marched us out of the room and into the lift.
“The lift doors closed and we burst into tears. We were in absolute shock. The girls were sobbing. They idolised Christian. My eldest daughter, who is very fond of him and wants to act, too, was due to fly to Los Angeles with him to spend the summer on a film set. But we knew as soon as we left that that wasn’t going to happen.” (ANI)
- Bale hasn't spoken to family in 18 months - Mar 09, 2010
- Rauf's quirk behind Bell's bizarre run out: Morgan - Aug 07, 2011
- Teen girl hired by Jerry Epstein insists she was never 'lent out' to Clinton - Mar 06, 2011
- Honeymoon murder victim's uncle blasts husband - Jan 10, 2011
- Yuvraj wants to take it easy while leading Pune Warriors - Apr 11, 2011
- Batman Christian Bale was in Aurora town visiting the shooting victims - Jul 25, 2012
- Mcgregor wants a break for family time - Jan 23, 2012
- New app to get you out of the house in pajamas (The Funny Side) - Sep 07, 2012
- Man City heading for Champions League - Apr 26, 2011
- Now, BA air stewardess claims Rooney tried to bed her on his stag night - Sep 08, 2010
- Mark Wahlberg not bitter about missing out on best actor Oscar nod - Jan 27, 2011
- Pak military says it was not forewarned about US strike on Bin Laden - May 03, 2011
- Australian media digs up Monkeygate to tarnish Tendulkar's image - Jan 02, 2012
- Harper accuses Dhoni of pressure tactics during Kingston Test - Jul 15, 2011
- Nicola Roberts wants duet with Kanye West - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: anger, birthday cards, christian bale, daily mail, dark knight, dorchester, frog, girls, hasn, hotel suite, jenny, little girl, london, melbourne, phone call, phone numbers, sister sharon, suite news, three daughters