Chris Pine to be new Captain Kirk in JJ Abrams’ ‘Star Trek’November 14th, 2007 - 2:21 am ICT by admin
Carnahan revealed that Pine had turned down his movie ‘White Jazz’ because he had accepted the lead role in ‘Star Trek’.
“The young man playing Junior Stemmons has opted to ‘boldly go where no man has gone before’ and thus, had to bow out of WHITE JAZZ. I’ve been talkingo him this past week and knew how tough the decision had to be for him.I don’t envy ever being in that spot but I gave him my full support, even if it meant he didn’t do JAZZ. I get it,” Moviehole quoted him, as writing on his blog.
“You don’t get opportunities like that often and I told him as long as he could control as much of that process as possible and not get sucked into doing lesser sequels as a result of taking this gig, then good luck and God bless. We’re sure to do something down the road. I’ve already slotted him in for KILLING PABLO,” he added.
Already on board to star in the movie are Eric Bana, Anton Yelchin, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana and Leonard Nimoy.
Abrams now needs to fill in the place of Federation captain.
Bana has signed on to star as villain Nero.
Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy will both be playing Mr. Spock, while Saldana will be playing Uhura, the communications officer on the USS Enterprise.
Yelchin will be playing Pavel Chekov, a Russian Starfleet officer.
Abrams is also producing “Star Trek” through his Paramount-based Bad Robot shingle.
The movie will revolve around the crew’s early days at Starfleet Academy,
Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci wrote the screenplay and will exec produce alongside Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof.
The film is set for a Christmas Day 2008 release. (ANI)
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- Winona Ryder joins JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' cast - Nov 14, 2007
- Simon Pegg to play Scotty in JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' - Nov 14, 2007
- Chris Pine to be the new Captain Kirk? - Nov 14, 2007
- Bruce Greenwood joins JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' cast - Nov 14, 2007
- Hemsworth, Hemsworth Jr. join JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' cast - Nov 15, 2007
- Eric Bana to play 'Star Trek' baddie Nero - Nov 14, 2007
- Banas Star Trek role more cameo than central - Feb 07, 2008
- Karl Urban to be Leonard "Bones" McCoy in JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' - Nov 14, 2007
- Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Spock role in next Star Trek movie - Apr 21, 2010
- JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' budget upped to $150-160 million - Nov 14, 2007
- Leonard Nimoy To Retire Soon - Apr 22, 2010
- Eric Bana had 'fun' playing baddie in new 'Star Trek' movie - Apr 27, 2009
- Zachary Quinto's fingers were glued to get 'Star Trek' salute right - May 08, 2009
Tags: alex kurtzman, anton yelchin, bad robot, blog, bryan burk, damon lindelof, eric bana, jj abrams, joe carnahan, killing pablo, leonard nimoy, moviehole, mr spock, pavel chekov, something down the road, star trek, starfleet academy, white jazz, zachary quinto, zoe saldana