Chris Browns former stepfather denies abuse claimsFebruary 12th, 2009 - 6:17 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 12 (ANI): Chris Browns former blind stepfather Donnelle Hawkins has denied that he ever physically abused the singers mother, but admitted that he regretted threatening to shoot himself because that might have had a bad effect on Brown.
“We were together as a family (but) some things happened, where I felt our relationship was slipping away - that I was losing her (Brown’’s mother), Contactmusic quoted Hawkins as telling in American show Access Hollywood.
“I made a foolish attempt by getting the gun (sic) and threatening to shoot myself. It wasn”t a suicide attempt,” he added.
Hawkins revealed that he never intended to shoot himself, but the gun went off and cost him sight.
Hawkins said that Brown was very young, and misinterpreted most of the incidents.
“I know that Chris misunderstood that incident… I had been out one night with another female and I came home that morning and she was very upset… Tempers flared, and in my attempt to console her, as I usually did, I got up to walk towards her and I tripped… Our heads collided, he added.
Although he apologized to Brown, he told the singer not to blame him for his own problems.
“Chris, I personally want to apologize for anything I may have said or done to offend you. I wish you much success in your career, but, at the same time… you have to stop blaming me for your problems, he said. (ANI)
- Chris Brown meets domestic violence victims - Sep 13, 2012
- Rihanna denies that she provoked Chris Brown - Jun 24, 2011
- Rosie O Donnell defends Chris Brown - Apr 05, 2011
- Rihanna calls her relationship with dad 'strange' - Mar 17, 2011
- US senator says he was sexually abused as a child - Feb 18, 2011
- Ricky Romance Calls Chris Brown a "Humgruffin"? - Jan 14, 2011
- Gomez thanks fans for support - Dec 28, 2011
- Chris Brown blames 'reckless' girls for leaked nude photos - Mar 18, 2011
- Rihanna wants to date again - Mar 03, 2012
- Chris Brown's mum "loves Rihanna like a daughter" - Sep 05, 2009
- Ricky Romance: Chris Brown is a 'humgruffin' - Jan 14, 2011
- It's time to forgive Chris Brown: Cole - May 23, 2012
- Pregnant woman told to give up her seat so Gordon Brown could fly Club Class - Mar 27, 2011
- GMA invites Chris Brown back - Mar 24, 2011
- Miranda Lambert not happy with Chris Brown's performance at Grammy Awards - Feb 16, 2012