Chris Brown’s fate hinging on leaked photo of beaten RihannaApril 30th, 2009 - 1:20 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Apr 30 (ANI): The result of Chris Brown’s felony assault case depends on the leaked pic showing a battered and bloodied Rihanna.
While in court, Brown’s lawyer Mark Geragos has declared that he wants access to an internal LAPD investigation into how the damaging photo ended up on the celebrity website TMZ.com, reports The New York Daily News.
The outcome of his motion could show “misconduct and or bias” on the part of investigators and lead him to ask for a mistrial, Geragos told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg.
The leak of Rihanna’s protected police file could prove criminal and could have an impact on Brown’s ongoing plea negotiations with prosecutors, according to sources.
Meanwhile, Geragos is due back in court on May 28 with both sides preparing for an evidence hearing eight days after that.
Brown and Rihanna, 21, were driving home from a pre-Grammy party when they began fighting over a provocative text message Brown received from another woman, Rihanna told cops. (ANI)
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 30, 2011
- Chris Brown 'making progress' on probation - May 08, 2010
- Chris Brown gets praised by judge - Aug 27, 2010
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 29, 2011
- Chris Brown sentencing postponed - Aug 06, 2009
- Chris Brown Attaining Progress Vis-a-vis His Probation - May 07, 2010
- Chris Brown's absence from Grammys not related to Rihanna trial, says rep - Jan 31, 2011
- Chris Brown Does Well On Probation - May 07, 2010
- Chris Browns lawyer demands in chambers hearing - Mar 13, 2009
- Chris Brown dropped by Wrigley over Rihanna assault - Aug 07, 2009
- Report: Actress Lindsay Lohan to be charged with felony grand theft on Wednesday - Feb 09, 2011
- Chris Brown's naked pic 'leaked online by ex' - Mar 06, 2011
- Chris Brown pleads guilty to Rihanna assault - Jun 23, 2009
- Police probe leak of battered Rihanna photo on Internet - Feb 21, 2009
- Chris Brown sentenced for assaulting Rihanna - Aug 26, 2009
Tags: angeles superior court, assault case, bias, celebrity website, chris brown, eight days, felony assault, grammy party, investigators, lawyer mark geragos, los angeles superior court, mistrial, new york daily news, plea negotiations, prosecutors, provocative text, rihanna, superior court judge, text message, york daily news