Chris Brown withdraws from Kids’ Choice AwardsMarch 12th, 2009 - 11:21 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, March 12 (DPA) R&B star Chris Brown has withdrawn from the popular Kids’ Choice Awards scheduled for March 28, after his double nomination sparked controversy.
Thousands of parents signed a petition calling on the Nickelodeon children’s channel to toss him out after his alleged attack last month on pop star Rihanna for which he now faces assault charges.
“Chris very much appreciates the support of his fans and the honour they have paid him in the way of nominations for favourite male singer and favourite song,” said a statement from Brown Wednesday, confirming his withdrawal.
The withdrawal came just a day after Nickelodeon issued a statement saying Brown would remain on the ballot in his categories. But the cable channel said it respected his decision.
“We are confirming that Chris Brown has decided to withdraw his nominations from the Kids’ Choice Awards,” said Nickelodeon. “We agree with and respect his decision, and are looking forward to presenting a great event for our audience.”
- Gomez triumphs at Kids Choice Awards - Apr 01, 2012
- Willow Smith to perform at kids' choice awards - Mar 29, 2011
- Rihanna blasts reports she provoked Chris Brown assault - Jun 25, 2011
- Smith to host Kids' choice awards - Jan 13, 2012
- Chris Brown to sue rapper Raz B? - May 30, 2012
- Rihanna proud Of Chris Brown - Sep 12, 2012
- Chris Colfer offered a book deal - Jun 10, 2011
- Rihanna and Chris Brown absent at Kids' Choice Awards - Mar 30, 2009
- Ingrid Gutierrez tells media that Drake started the Chris Brown brawl - Jun 18, 2012
- Jonas brothers to battle it out for Kids' Choice Awards - Feb 18, 2010
- Prince Royce making first disc in English - Jul 13, 2011
- Katy Perry, Lady Gaga lead MTV EMA nominations - Sep 21, 2010
- Chrissy Teigen slams Chris Brown for lip-syncing - May 23, 2012
- Chris Brown wants to move on from Rihanna bust-up - Mar 23, 2011
- Chris Brown caught kissing Rihanna - Jul 27, 2012