Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order liftedJanuary 30th, 2011 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 30 (IANS) Singer Chris Brown wants his restraining order against ex-girlfriend Rihanna revoked so that he can attend music award ceremonies.The 21-year-old singer was sentenced to five years probation and six months of community service for assaulting Rihanna in 2009. He has now asked for the removal of the order, which doesn’t allow him to be within 100 yards of Rihanna, femalefirst.co.uk reports.
His lawyer Mark Geragos asked Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Patricia Snegg in a hearing to lift the order following his successful completion of 52 weeks of domestic violence therapy.
“It makes it difficult at awards shows and such,” the lawyer said.
Judge Schnegg did not immediately grant the request, but praised Brown’s hard work and “consistent” approach to his punishment.
She suggested a modification to the current order with the approval of Rihanna’a lawyer David Etra.
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 29, 2011
- Chris Brown 'making progress' on probation - May 08, 2010
- Chris Brown sentencing postponed - Aug 06, 2009
- Chris Brown sentenced for assaulting Rihanna - Aug 26, 2009
- Chris Brown gets praised by judge - Aug 27, 2010
- Chris Brown Does Well On Probation - May 07, 2010
- Chris Brown allowed to go near Rihanna now - Feb 23, 2011
- Rihanna 'agrees to reduce restraining order against ex Chris Brown' - Feb 11, 2011
- Chris Brown is given sentence - Aug 05, 2009
- Chris Brown Attaining Progress Vis-a-vis His Probation - May 07, 2010
- Chris Brown's sentencing delayed - Aug 06, 2009
- Chris Brown performs at the Grammy Awards 2012 - Feb 13, 2012
- Chris Brown gets 5-year probation in Rihanna assault case - Jun 23, 2009
- Chris Brown parties after sentencing - Aug 28, 2009
- Chris Brown Completes 12 Month Domestic Violence Course - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: angeles superior court, award ceremonies, awards shows, chris brown, consistent approach, domestic violence, etra, ex girlfriend, femalefirst, lawyer david, lawyer mark geragos, london jan, los angeles superior court, music award, probation, restraining order, rihanna, singer chris, six months, superior court judge