Chris Brown trying to push back assault case hearingJune 17th, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 17 (ANI): Chris Brown is trying to postpone his forthcoming assault case, for the singer’s legal team have applied to the California Supreme Court after a judge refused to grant the order.
The 20-year-old, who allegedly punched, choked, and bit former girlfriend Rihanna in February, had pleaded not guilty to two felony counts in a Los Angeles court.
Brown was slated to attend a preliminary hearing in the case on June 22 but his attorney, Mark Geragos, requested the court session be delayed so that they could have more time to prepare, reports Contactmusic.
The request was rejected by a Los Angeles Superior Court following which Brown’s legal team have turned to the state’s high court, according to legal papers filed on June 16.
Rihanna could appear at the hearing as a witness against her ex-beau. (ANI)
- Chris Brown fails to have assault case hearing delayed - again - Jun 18, 2009
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 29, 2011
- Rihanna may testify against Chris Brown, says her lawyer - May 29, 2009
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 30, 2011
- I did not assault Rihanna, says singer Chris Brown - Apr 07, 2009
- Chris Brown 'making progress' on probation - May 08, 2010
- Chris Brown sentencing postponed - Aug 06, 2009
- Judge to consider new lawyer for Jackson's doctor - Feb 25, 2011
- Rihanna okay with modification in restraining order - Feb 11, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- Lindsay appears in court again - Apr 23, 2011
- Rihanna 'agrees to reduce restraining order against ex Chris Brown' - Feb 11, 2011
- Rihanna to testify at Chris Brown assault trial - May 29, 2009
- Chris Brown's fate hinging on leaked photo of beaten Rihanna - Apr 30, 2009
- Halle Berry accuses ex for imperilling child's safety - Jun 29, 2011
Tags: angeles superior court, assault case, california supreme court, chris brown, court session, felony counts, former girlfriend, los angeles superior court, mark geragos, preliminary hearing, rihanna, witness