Chris Brown talks his way out of parking ticket despite yelling homophobic slurJune 24th, 2011 - 1:01 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, June 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Chris Brown confronted officers at a parking lot in Los Angeles. The singer yelled out homophobic slur which was later condemned by the gay community.
TMZ reported that Brown escaped being given a ticket even after he uttered the words, “Y’all n—as is weak. Did you all call them to try and film me? Y’all n—as is gay.”
After those words were published, the Human Rights Campaign condemned the rants. A spokesperson of the organization told TMZ that, “Invoking words meant to demean gay Americans is just plain unacceptable. Chris Brown should know better. He irresponsibly neglected to recognize the impact of his words and the unacceptable message that it sends to couple the word gay with negative actions.”
Brown has since apologized for the rants saying he has absolute respect for the gay community. Writing on his Twitter page, Brown said he didn’t intend to insult anyone with the rant that he issued.
Brown famously abused his former girlfriend and fellow singer Rihanna. He was condemned for his actions and he has since apologized for it. Earlier this year, he smashed glasses and left the studios of Good Morning America in rage after he was asked about his abuse of Rihanna.
- Chris Brown's gay, racial rant against Raz B - Dec 30, 2010
- Chris Brown apologizes for homophobic slur on Twitter - Dec 31, 2010
- Rihanna creates a buzz with her Rolling Stone cover - Mar 30, 2011
- Chris Brown performs at the Grammy Awards 2012 - Feb 13, 2012
- WWE star apologizes for his homophobic slur at a fan - Jul 05, 2011
- Rihanna denies that she provoked Chris Brown - Jun 24, 2011
- Jay-Z approves Brown, Rihanna patch up - Aug 05, 2012
- Is Rihanna dating Kutcher? - Mar 26, 2012
- Shocking new pics of bruised Rihanna emerge - Feb 25, 2011
- Parker to sue nightclub - Jun 23, 2012
- Rihanna's secret meeting with Brown - Aug 18, 2012
- Chris Brown to sue rapper Raz B? - May 30, 2012
- Australian Christian lobby chief's anti-gay tweet sparks outrage - Apr 25, 2011
- Chris Brown completes his domestic violence course - Dec 21, 2010
- Chris Brown meets domestic violence victims - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: absolute respect, chris brown, fellow, former girlfriend, gay americans, gay community, glasses, good morning america, human rights campaign, june 23, negative actions, parking lot, parking ticket, rage, rant, rants, spokesperson