Chris Brown sentenced for Rihanna assaultAugust 26th, 2009 - 8:41 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 26 (DPA) Singer Chris Brown was sentenced Tuesday to five years probation and six months of community labour for his February assault of his former girlfriend Rihanna.
In addition, the crooner must complete a 52-week domestic violence prevention programme and abide by a protection order that forbids him to come within 100 metres of Rihanna or threaten her in any way.
Though Brown, 20, will be allowed to perform his community labour in his home state of Virginia, he is required to appear before his sentencing judge in California every three months.
Brown was arrested hours after the February attack and pleaded guilty to felony assault in June. He apologised to fans in a video released and said he has apologised to Rihanna, who did not appear in court Tuesday.
- Chris Brown 'making progress' on probation - May 08, 2010
- Chris Brown releases Don't Wake Me Up video - Jun 13, 2012
- Chris Brown banned from Britain - Oct 08, 2011
- Judge Praises Chris Brown For Community Service - Aug 30, 2010
- Chris Brown's naked pic 'leaked online by ex' - Mar 06, 2011
- Chris Brown graduates from domestic violence class - Dec 21, 2010
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 30, 2011
- Chris Brown wants to move on from Rihanna bust-up - Mar 23, 2011
- Chris Brown Admits That He Still Loves Rihanna - Sep 03, 2009
- Chris Brown sentenced for assaulting Rihanna - Aug 26, 2009
- Chris Brown's mum "loves Rihanna like a daughter" - Sep 05, 2009
- Chris Brown to wash cars, pick up trash as assault punishment - Sep 04, 2009
- Chris Brown pleads guilty to Rihanna assault - Jun 23, 2009
- Chris Brown feels "incomplete" without Rihanna - Sep 16, 2009
- Chris Brown parties after sentencing - Aug 28, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,