Chris Brown pleads guilty to Rihanna assaultJune 23rd, 2009 - 7:01 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 23 (DPA) Young soul crooner Chris Brown pleaded guilty Monday to one count of assault against his former girlfriend Rihanna and will serve five years of probation and six months of community service.
Brown, 20, entered the plea prior to the start of a preliminary hearing on numerous assault charges stemming from a Feb 8 incident in which he was alleged to have struck Rihanna, 21, the night before the annual Grammy music awards show.
Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg praised Brown for reaching the plea deal: “I think it’s commendable you took responsibility for your conduct.”
She also imposed a stay-away order that prevents Brown and Rihanna from being within 50 metres of each other, except at industry events where the distance is lowered to 10 metres. After Brown left the courtroom, Rihanna entered to hear details of the judge’s order.
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 30, 2011
- Chris Brown sentenced for assaulting Rihanna - Aug 26, 2009
- Chris Brown 'making progress' on probation - May 08, 2010
- Chris Brown Completes 12 Month Domestic Violence Course - Dec 21, 2010
- Chris Brown gets praised by judge - Aug 27, 2010
- Chris Brown Attaining Progress Vis-a-vis His Probation - May 07, 2010
- Chris Brown performs at the Grammy Awards 2012 - Feb 13, 2012
- Chris Brown sentencing postponed - Aug 06, 2009
- Judge Praises Chris Brown For Community Service - Aug 30, 2010
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 29, 2011
- Chris Brown's sentencing delayed - Aug 06, 2009
- Chris Brown Does Well On Probation - May 07, 2010
- Chris Brown parties after sentencing - Aug 28, 2009
- Chris Brown's fate hinging on leaked photo of beaten Rihanna - Apr 30, 2009
- Chris Brown sentenced for Rihanna assault - Aug 26, 2009