Chris Brown gets 5-year probation in Rihanna assault caseJune 23rd, 2009 - 12:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 23 (ANI): R&B singer Chris Brown was sentenced to five years’ probation and six months of community service by a U.S. court after he pleaded guilty to one count of assault on his former girlfriend Rihanna.
Community service will include picking up litter or removing graffiti, as per the order of the court, The BBC reports.
Apart from it, he will also have to attend courses on domestic violence.
The Run It hitmaker’s plea deal came just before a hearing at a Los Angeles court at which Rihanna was to be present for evidence purpose.
Rihanna’s lawyer, Donald Etra, said the singer has accepted the decision as “fair and just resolution” to the case.
The Los Angeles County Superior Court judge also ordered Brown and Rihanna to stay at least 50 yards from each other, except at entertainment industry events when the distance is reduced to 10 yards.
Brown acknowledged his mistake saying he was “sorry and saddened” by the incident and was seeking counselling. (ANI)
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 30, 2011
- Rihanna 'agrees to reduce restraining order against ex Chris Brown' - Feb 11, 2011
- Chris Brown sentenced for assaulting Rihanna - Aug 26, 2009
- Rihanna okay with modification in restraining order - Feb 11, 2011
- Chris Brown releases Don't Wake Me Up video - Jun 13, 2012
- Chris Brown allowed to go near Rihanna now - Feb 23, 2011
- Shocking new pics of bruised Rihanna emerge - Feb 25, 2011
- Chris Brown sentencing postponed - Aug 06, 2009
- Chris Brown pleads not guilty to Rihanna-beating charges - Apr 07, 2009
- Chris Brown to wash cars, pick up trash as assault punishment - Sep 04, 2009
- Rihanna to perform in public first time after assault - Aug 07, 2009
- Chris Brown should be in jail, says Rihanna's dad - Jun 29, 2009
- Chris Brown 'making progress' on probation - May 08, 2010
- Judge Praises Chris Brown For Community Service - Aug 30, 2010
- Chris Brown is given sentence - Aug 05, 2009
Tags: amp, assault case, b singer, bbc, chris brown, county superior court, domestic violence, donald etra, entertainment industry, former girlfriend, graffiti, june 23, los angeles county, los angeles county superior court, mistake, plea deal, probation, singer chris, six months, superior court judge