Chris Brown fails to have assault case hearing delayed - againJune 18th, 2009 - 12:20 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 18 (ANI): Chris Brown’s second appeal to have his upcoming assault case postponed has been turned down.
The singer will now appear in a preliminary hearing relating to an alleged domestic violence incident involving his former girlfriend Rihanna on June 22 as previously planned.
The 20-year-old’s legal team had applied to the California Supreme Court after a judge refused to grant the order, reports Contactmusic.
His attorney Mark Geragos had requested the court session be delayed so that they could have more time to prepare.
The second request was also rejected by the state’s high court, according to Radar Online.
Brown, who allegedly punched, choked, and bit the R&B lady in February, had pleaded not guilty to two felony counts in a Los Angeles court.
The upcoming hearing is expected to feature testimony from Rihanna, who has been subpoenaed to face her ex in court. (ANI)
- Chris Brown trying to push back assault case hearing - Jun 17, 2009
- Rihanna may testify against Chris Brown, says her lawyer - May 29, 2009
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 29, 2011
- I did not assault Rihanna, says singer Chris Brown - Apr 07, 2009
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 30, 2011
- Chris Brown in 'intense' plea negotiations over Rihanna beating - Apr 06, 2009
- Rihanna to testify at Chris Brown assault trial - May 29, 2009
- Chris Brown 'making progress' on probation - May 08, 2010
- Chris Brown pleads not guilty to Rihanna-beating charges - Apr 07, 2009
- Chris Brown releases Don't Wake Me Up video - Jun 13, 2012
- Charles Taylor's lawyers request Naomi Campbell testimony postponement - Aug 03, 2010
- Chris Brown sentencing postponed - Aug 06, 2009
- Rihanna set to testify in Chris Brown's assault case - Jun 22, 2009
- Chris Brown Does Well On Probation - May 07, 2010
- Chris Brown caught kissing Rihanna - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: amp, assault case, california supreme court, chris brown, court session, domestic violence incident, felony counts, former girlfriend, mark geragos, preliminary hearing, radar online, rihanna, testimony