Chris Brown faces lawsuit for assault, battery on photogMay 28th, 2009 - 2:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 28 (ANI): Chris Brown is being taken to court by a photographer who alleges the musician’s involvement in a violent incident.
Robert Rosen has filed a lawsuit against the singer and a L.A. Fitness gym for assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and false imprisonment in March.
According to TMZ.com, the snapper claimed he had been “shook with incredible force” for trying to take pictures of the 20-year-old star while he was playing basketball at the gym’s court, reports Us magazine.
Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos, however, has slammed the claims, casting doubt on the intentions of Rosen, who had previously sued Pierce Brosnan in late 2007 and lost the case after alleging physical harm by the actor.
Geragos said: “This is a specious and frivolous lawsuit by one of the paparazzi seeking publicity and a payday. [Rosen] has done this before and lost. We will vigorously defend against this.”
Brown was previously taken into custody for allegedly beating his then-girlfriend Rihanna in February.
He pleaded not guilty at his April arraignment and is due to appear in court. (ANI)
- Chris Brown says paparazzo suing him is looking for a big payout - May 29, 2009
- Tila Tequila wins restraining order against kidnap claim snapper - Oct 30, 2010
- Has Spears settled harassment lawsuit? - Mar 02, 2012
- Strauss-Kahn accuser files civil lawsuit - Aug 09, 2011
- Report: U.S. woman drops paternity lawsuit against Justin Bieber - Nov 16, 2011
- 9/11 suspects to be arraigned May 5: Pentagon - Apr 10, 2012
- Ex-US President Carter sued for five million dollars over falsehoods in 'Palestine' book - Feb 02, 2011
- Jay Z's private jet lawsuit dismissed - Feb 07, 2012
- Lauryn Hill sued by fashion consultant - Sep 27, 2011
- Strauss-Kahn files countercharge against hotel maid - May 16, 2012
- Elton John sued over 'Nikita' - Apr 27, 2012
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 29, 2011
- Becks 'to serve hooker with $25m writ for damages' - Sep 26, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan hit with fashion line lawsuit - May 03, 2010
- Brosnan receives honour for charity works - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: arraignment, chris brown, false imprisonment, fitness gym, frivolous lawsuit, infliction of emotional distress, intentional infliction of emotional distress, l a fitness, mark geragos, old star, paparazzi, photog, physical harm, pierce brosnan, playing basketball, publicity, rihanna, robert rosen, snapper, violent incident