Chris Brown episode was a wake-up call: RihannaOctober 28th, 2010 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 27 (IANS) Singer Rihanna, who was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, says she needed a “wake-up call” from god to make her realise their relationship was over.
“God has a crazy way of working, and sometimes when stuff happens you feel like, ‘What did I do to deserve this?’ Why was it backfiring on me?” femalefirst.co.uk quoted her as saying.
“But I needed that wake-up call in my life. I needed a turning point, and that’s what god was giving to me,” she said.
Rihanna, who is now dating baseball star Matt Kemp, admits it wasn’t easy to end her three-year relationship with the “Run It” singer, but is happier now since he is no longer in her life.
“I remember I was in New York at the Trump Hotel and I woke up and I just knew I was over it. It was a different day. I felt different. I didn’t feel lonely. I felt like I wanted to get up and be in the world. That was a great, great feeling,” she said.
- Rihanna Speaks About Chris Brown And Matt Kemp - Oct 31, 2010
- Rihanna felt like 'empty vessel' after Chris Brown relationship ended - Oct 28, 2010
- Now there is balance in my life, says Rihanna - Jul 02, 2010
- Rihanna and ex Kemp are still friends - Jul 15, 2011
- Chris Brown assault was a 'wake-up call', says Rihanna - Oct 27, 2010
- Rihanna And Matt Kemp: Have They Separated Or Still On? - Dec 18, 2010
- Rihanna splits from boyfriend Matt Kemp - Dec 29, 2010
- Rihanna would make a suitable partner for Eminem, says his granny - Aug 11, 2010
- Eminem has crush on Rihanna - Aug 10, 2010
- Matt Kemp loves to be around Rihanna - May 06, 2010
- Rihanna splits from Matt Kemp? - Dec 29, 2010
- Rihanna unhappy at being photographed with beau - Jun 24, 2010
- Rihanna opens up about Chris Brown assault - Oct 31, 2010
- My boyfriend keeps me sane: Rihanna - Jun 10, 2010
- Perry wants Rihanna to get married - Nov 11, 2010