Chris Brown denied UK visa because of his ‘criminal past’June 8th, 2010 - 11:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Chris Brown’s past is coming back to haunt him. He was reportedly denied an UK visa, because he had engaged in domestic violence with his ex-girlfriend last year. The UK Home Office said in a statement that, “We reserve the right to refuse entry to the UK to anyone guilty of a serious criminal offense. Public safety is one of our primary concerns.”
The singer wanted to visit UK in connection with his upcoming tour, but the UK authorities denied him a visa on the ground of his ‘criminal past’ with the singer Rihanna. The duo was in a relationship and he used to beat her up. She suffered domestic violence, complained and moved out and then when he apologized, then she even went back to him. The things deteriorated and she even filed a police complaint against him, and moved out of the relationship.
It ought to be mentioned that Chris Brown was later arrested on Feb. 8 2009, hours after he was accused of beating Rihanna. He was later sentenced to six months of community service, 12 months of domestic violence counseling and five years probation.
Chris Brown’s UK tour was supposed to kick start from Glasgow. After that he was scheduled to play in London, Manchester and then Cork in Ireland. However in the wake of the visa cancellation, his tour has been postponed.
- Chris Brown forced to postpone UK tour - Jun 09, 2010
- Chris Brown Denied Entry To UK Due To Criminal Record; Tour Canceled - Jun 09, 2010
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 30, 2011
- Chris Brown meets domestic violence victims - Sep 13, 2012
- Chris Brown wants to move on from Rihanna bust-up - Mar 23, 2011
- Chris Brown gets praised by judge - Aug 27, 2010
- Chris Brown banned from Britain - Oct 08, 2011
- Chris Brown releases Don't Wake Me Up video - Jun 13, 2012
- Chris Brown could face charges after 'violent outburst at 'GMA' - Mar 23, 2011
- Chris Brown caught kissing Rihanna - Jul 27, 2012
- Chris Brown 'making progress' on probation - May 08, 2010
- Rihanna to make her acting debut in the movie version of Battleship - Jul 28, 2010
- Brown joins Rihanna on vacation - Jul 24, 2012
- Miranda Lambert not happy with Chris Brown's performance at Grammy Awards - Feb 16, 2012
- Is Rihanna getting back with Chris Brown? - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: 12 months, chris brown, cork, counseling, criminal offense, domestic violence, ex girlfriend, glasgow, ireland, london, police complaint, probation, public safety, relationship, six months, uk authorities, uk visa, visa cancellation