Chris Brown Charged for assualting RihannaMarch 6th, 2009 - 1:43 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Chris Brown, the R&B singer was charged for assaulting his pop-star girlfriend Rihanna as gruesome details about the alleged attack emerged for the first time.
Chris Brown on the charges which came after he allegedly subjected Barbados-born ‘Umbrella’ singer Rihanna to a savage beating in the early hours of February 8.
The incident shocked the music world and left Rihanna nursing cuts and bruises to her face, forcing her to cancel a scheduled performance at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles later that day.
Brown is charged with felony counts of assault and making criminal threats, a statement from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office said. If convicted on all counts, Brown could face a sentence ranging from probation to four years and eight months in state prison, a spokeswoman for the district attorney’s office said.
Brown’s arrival at Los Angeles Superior Court Thursday was greeted by a scrum of media who swarmed all over the star and his entourage as he attempted to enter the building.
Brown,19, had issued an apology for the incident on February 15, saying he was ’sorry and saddened’ by the events and that he was seeking the counseling of his pastor, family and friends.
Brown is also alleged to have attempted to push Rihanna out of the moving car before warning: ‘I’m going to beat the shit out of you when we get home.’ When Rihanna called her assistant to alert police, Brown raged: ‘You did the stupidest thing ever. I’m going to kill you’ before putting the singer in a headlock so severe she nearly lost consciousness, according to the report.
- Rihanna fires back at Joan Rivers - Aug 26, 2012
- Jay-Z approves Brown, Rihanna patch up - Aug 05, 2012
- Chris Brown releases Don't Wake Me Up video - Jun 13, 2012
- Rihanna's secret meeting with Brown - Aug 18, 2012
- Losing Chris was like losing best friend: Rihanna - Aug 13, 2012
- Chris Brown meets domestic violence victims - Sep 13, 2012
- Rihanna denies that she provoked Chris Brown - Jun 24, 2011
- Rihanna blasts reports she provoked Chris Brown assault - Jun 25, 2011
- Chris Brown pleads not guilty to Rihanna-beating charges - Apr 07, 2009
- Shocking new pics of bruised Rihanna emerge - Feb 25, 2011
- I like a guy who smells good: Rihanna - May 03, 2012
- Chris Brown wants Rihanna restraining order lifted - Jan 29, 2011
- Rihanna okay with modification in restraining order - Feb 11, 2011
- Rihanna to make her acting debut in the movie version of Battleship - Jul 28, 2010
- Rihanna's testimony won't be televised - Jun 19, 2009
Tags: alleged attack, angeles superior court, b singer, chris brown, county district attorney, criminal threats, cuts and bruises, felony counts, grammy awards, gruesome details, headlock, los angeles county district attorney, los angeles superior court, moving car, music world, rihanna, scrum, state prison, stupidest thing, time chris