Chris Brown assault was a ‘wake-up call’, says RihannaOctober 27th, 2010 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 27 (ANI): Pop star Rihanna has opened up about her time with former boyfriend Chris Brown, saying he was a ‘wake-up call’.
Over a year after Brown pled guilty to Rihanna in February 2009, the 22-year-old singer tells the December issue of Marie Claire UK that she doesn’t regret the traumatic experience.
“God has a crazy way of working, and sometimes when stuff happens you feel like, ‘What did I do to deserve this?’ Why was it backfiring on me?’” Usmagazine.com quoted Rihanna as saying in the interview.
“But I needed that wake-up call in my life. I needed a turning point, and that’s what God was giving to me,” she added.
Rihanna said that breaking up in full view of the public eye was difficult to cope with.
“All this terrible stuff they say to you, it breaks you down. [But] once you’re back on your feet — if you ever make it back on your feet — that’s the ultimate achievement,” she said.
But she admits it was not easy to break up with Brown, 21, who later pled guilty to a felony and accepted a plea deal that included more than 1,400 hours of community labor in addition to five years probation. (ANI)
- Chris Brown episode was a wake-up call: Rihanna - Oct 28, 2010
- Chris Brown releases Don't Wake Me Up video - Jun 13, 2012
- It's time to forgive Chris Brown: Cole - May 23, 2012
- Chris Brown sentenced for assaulting Rihanna - Aug 26, 2009
- Rihanna opens up about Chris Brown assault - Oct 31, 2010
- Rihanna okay with modification in restraining order - Feb 11, 2011
- Lohan sentenced to 30 days jail - Nov 03, 2011
- Chris Brown sentencing postponed - Aug 06, 2009
- Adele's music depressing: Rihanna - Mar 03, 2012
- Aniston not a fan of dating - Apr 10, 2011
- Rihanna backs expiry of ex Chris Brown's restraining order - Mar 31, 2011
- Rihanna felt like 'empty vessel' after Chris Brown relationship ended - Oct 28, 2010
- I like a guy who smells good: Rihanna - May 03, 2012
- Shocking new pics of bruised Rihanna emerge - Feb 25, 2011
- Swann: Prison sentences to Pak trio a 'wake-up call' - Nov 14, 2011