Chitrangada still struggling to get over ‘Geeta Rao’May 1st, 2012 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 1 (IANS) Actress Chitrangada Singh, whose performance in her debut film “Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi” was acclaimed by critics and audience alike, says even after nine years she struggling to get over her character of Geeta Rao.
“I don’t know if I have still managed to make people forget Geeta Rao and remember another character that I have played,” she told reporters here Monday at the launch of the Indian issue of Vogue magazine.
“…I am still kind of struggling to get over it and make people remember me by something else that I have played. I think it’s still the most special one,” added the actress who has also featured in “Sorry Bhai”, “Yeh Saali Zindagi” and “Desi Boyz”.
Chitrangada, who took a break after her first film to start a family with golfer-husband Jyoti Randhawa, says that being an actress was never her ambition.
“I started with something like that and I didn’t plan my Bollywood career. I did not want to be an actress, never thought I would be here. It came my way and it just went off really well,” said the 35-year-old.
Talking about her upcoming films, she said: “My next release is ‘I, Me Aur Main’ which has John (Abraham) and Prachi (Desai) with me in the film. It is about a woman who kind of realises the man is not quite committed to the relationship and what does she do about it.”
“My second film is actually a very strange love story. It is opposite Arjun Rampal and directed by Sudhir Mishra. It is set in a sexual harassment case but it’s about two people who have been in love but are now stuck in this case and what happens to them and their life.”
Mishra has already praised the chemistry between Arjun and Chitrangada in his yet to be titled film.
- Chitrangada happy with move to commercial cinema - Dec 17, 2011
- Now Chitrangada wants to drape sari for cover shoot - Dec 27, 2011
- Serious to comic to Santa: Chitrangada Singh's new avatars - Jan 10, 2012
- People couldn't imagine me in a commercial role: Chitrangada - Nov 18, 2011
- My husband understands my ambition, supports me: Chitrangada Singh - Dec 20, 2010
- Link-up with Sudhir did upset me: Chitrangada Singh - Jan 26, 2011
- Chitrangada Singh: Glad That Hubby Jyoti Randhawa Is As Ambitious - Dec 20, 2010
- 'Serious' Chitrangada Singh craves for song and dance - Feb 26, 2010
- Chitrangada not my muse, asserts Sudhir Mishra (Movie Snippets) - Jan 17, 2011
- Don't call Chitrangada my muse: Sudhir Mishra (Movie Snippets) (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- What Is Common Between Prachi And Chitrangada? - Sep 04, 2010
- Finally, things are on track: Sudhir Mishra (Interview) - Jan 23, 2011
- 'Yeh Saali Zindagi' about twisted tales of love (IANS Movie Preview) - Jan 31, 2011
- My husband liked my ethnic look in item number: Chitrangada - Jul 31, 2012
- Lara won't return to a film set soon (Movie Snippets) - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: actress, aisi, ambition, arjun rampal, bhai, debut film, desi boyz, john abraham, jyoti randhawa, launch, love story, mishra, nine years, prachi desai, saali, sexual harassment case, strange love, upcoming films, vogue magazine, zindagi