Chitrangada loves 1970s styleFebruary 16th, 2012 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 16 (IANS) Experimental Chitrangada Singh loves 1970s style and says she is excited that it is making a come back on the fashion scene.
“I love the era of the sixties and the seventies as I believe in old school of thought. And now since the styles are coming back in fashion, I am all excited,” Chitrangada told IANS.
She was talking on the sidelines of ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW), where Thursday she walked the ramp for designer Kanika Saluja Choudhry.
“Though I love 1970s style but I still believe in going glamorous every time. I love to try different hair styles, experimenting with my looks and something similar one would see in my next movie. After sporting long hair for many seasons, one will see me in a short hairstyle,” she added.
Chitrangada walked in Egyptian-style Gladiator dress for Choudhry whose collection was inspired by powerful women.
“I think she (Kanika) is just fabulous and I love what she is doing with the theme inspired by modern women. I admire people who don’t believe in stereotyping women with one look and she has outshone with her design aesthetics. I also believe in the same. I am not that typical girl next-door who restricts herself with one look and that is what I love about the designer,” she said.
Meanwhile, after playing a glamorous college professor in “Desi Boyz”, the actress is eagerly looking forward to her first item song in Shirish Kunder’s “Joker”, which has Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead roles.
“The song is very jazzy with few Marathi lines. The rusty village song is choreographed by Farah Khan. I love it and I hope audience would also like it. It will be the next sought after item song in Bollywood,” she said.
- Chitrangada calls herself trendsetter, not follower - Feb 22, 2012
- Chitrangda tries Madhuri's 'Sailaab' act - Jun 04, 2012
- Madhuri inspires Chitrangada's look in 'Kaafirana' - Feb 29, 2012
- Serious to comic to Santa: Chitrangada Singh's new avatars - Jan 10, 2012
- Now Chitrangada wants to drape sari for cover shoot - Dec 27, 2011
- Malaika my mentor and muse: designer Rick Roy (With Image) - Jun 28, 2012
- Malaika my mentor and muse: designer Rick Roy (Lead) (With Image) - Jun 28, 2012
- Dev Anand Bollywood's original style icon: Designers - Dec 04, 2011
- Victoria loves Russell Brand's dress sense - Feb 09, 2012
- Shreyas shoots for item number with Chitrangada (Movie Snippets) - Nov 13, 2011
- Nicole Richie admires Kate Moss' style - May 17, 2012
- My husband liked my ethnic look in item number: Chitrangada - Jul 31, 2012
- Chitrangada happy with move to commercial cinema - Dec 17, 2011
- Biggest moment when Michelle wore my dress: Naeem Khan (Interview) - Nov 01, 2011
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, chitrangada singh, choudhry, college professor, desi boyz, design aesthetics, different hair styles, egyptian style, farah khan, fashion scene, girl next door, india fashion week, modern women, powerful women, school of thought, shirish kunder, short hairstyle, sinha, typical girl, wills lifestyle india fashion week