‘Chinnada Thali’; box office dud by Jagannath Rao (Kannada Movie Review)July 31st, 2011 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Chinnada Thali”; Cast: Thilak Raj, Thungasri, Swathi, Devaraj, Ravindranath, Jigani Shanker and Ramamurthy; Producer: Listo Entertainment India Private Limited; Screenplay- Direction: Vemgal Jagannath Rao; Music Director: R. Damodhar; Cinematographer: K.V. Chaudhary; Rating: 1/2
“Chinnada Thali” is a bad choice for veteran actor Devaraj who has won many prestigious awards. He should not have acted in such a bad film. Writer-director Vemagal Jagannatha Rao has delivered a dud.
In the film, Devaraj plays a cop who is a good samaritan and tries to unite lovers.
The film is not fit enough to be a television serial and the narrative is so poor that the audience would definitely regret watching it. Viewers need tons of patience to watch a film, which moves at a snail’s pace.
Mediocre efforts by the cinematographer and the editor also spoils the pace of the film. Maruti Mirajkar’s music is slightly better.
To add some commercial elements, Rao has picturised kissing sequence on actress Swathi, who also does a lot of skin show in the film.
Rich guy Vinod is in love with Vimala, who comes from a humble background. They elope to get married because Vinod’s father wants him to marry a politician’s daughter.
Vinod thinks his father may accept their marriage, but his cruel father tries to kill Vimala. Not ready to give up, Vinod’s father devises a plan to separate his son from Vimla.
On the other hand, Vimala’s father approaches his trusted friend and cop to trace Vinod. Finally, the sanctity of “Chinnada Thaali” is protected and Vinod unites with his wife.
Thilak, who showed a lot of promise in negative roles in “Ganda Hendathi” and “Meera Mohana Madhava”, has failed to give a convincing performance in the lead role.
Bad script seems to limit his opportunities.
“Thungashree” doesn’t suit the role.
Even seasoned actors like Ravindranath and Rama Murthy have failed to give any convincing performance in their respective roles.
Technically, the film is so bad shows Rao’s lack of knowledge about the use of technology in Kannada films.
It is a waste of time to watch this film.
- Kannada Film 'Mass' Completes Talkie Parts - Jan 28, 2011
- 'Dashamukha' - a different affair (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 14, 2012
- www.bhaya.com promises to scare audiences well - Nov 05, 2009
- 'Bhadra', an engaging film (IANS Kannada Film Review) - Aug 14, 2011
- 'Nuvva Nena' entertaining comic fare; Enjoy!(Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 18, 2012
- 'Vismaya Pranaya' makes you want to walk out midway (Kannada Film Review) - Jan 01, 2011
- Prajwal, Ravishankar put up a good show in 'Kote' (Kannada Film Review) - Feb 12, 2011
- 'Sagar' - a good timepass! (Kannada Movie Review) - Aug 11, 2012
- 'Mr. Duplicate' a bad copy of 'Minnale' (Kannada Film Review) - Aug 06, 2011
- 'Aata': Sumanth impresses, narration disappoints (Kannada Film Review) - Nov 19, 2011
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2' has its own place: Richa Chadda - Aug 04, 2012
- Here comes '7 Notes to Infinity', film on Indian classical music - Jun 08, 2012
- 'Raaj' fails to make an impact (Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 19, 2011
- Avoid watching 'Naavika' (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Jolly Boy' fails to connect with audiences (Kannada Film Review) - Jul 02, 2011
Tags: box office dud, commercial elements, convincing performance, film writer, ganda hendathi, humble background, madhava, meera, mohana, murthy, music director, performanc, prestigious awards, shanker, skin show, swathi, trusted friend, veteran actor, vimala, vinod