Chinese students not keen on news showsAugust 7th, 2012 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 7 (IANS) College students in China prefer watching variety shows on television rather than news programmes.
A survey by the Shanghai Jiao Tong University of 300 students from 110 universities around China found that Phoenix Television channel based in Hong Kong was the most popular station, the Global Times reported.
It found that Hunan Satellite TV was the second most popular station among college students, followed by China Central Television (CCTV).
A researcher said Hunan Satellite was “good at producing variety shows that target viewers under 30 years”.
A weekly programme, “Happy Camp”, was the most popular show among students.
Although CCTV did not come close to the popularity of the other stations, the survey found college students preferred its news programmes and news anchors.
- Most Americans consider China an ally of US: Poll - Jan 31, 2011
- China tests people's proficiency in Mandarin - Dec 26, 2011
- China bans commercials during TV dramas - Nov 28, 2011
- Nude David statue censored on Chinese TV - Jul 10, 2012
- Chinese judokas set sight on heavyweight classes - Jul 09, 2012
- China's popular TV talent show axed by broadcast watchdog - Sep 17, 2011
- Chinese college launches morality bank - Mar 08, 2012
- Farewell to college life - with love, laughter and naughtiness - Jul 03, 2011
- Hookah use common among college students - Apr 06, 2011
- 70 percent Chinese preferred imported milk powder due to safety concerns - Mar 01, 2011
- Day one at DU: New students get a feel of campus - Jul 23, 2012
- Love finds the right track - on Delhi Metro - Feb 13, 2012
- China looks for potential pilots on college campuses - Nov 29, 2011
- Exposed to sunlight, cotton fabric cleans itself - Dec 15, 2011
- Chinese concerned at TV's negative effects - Feb 25, 2012
Tags: beijing, china central television, chinese students, college students, global times, happy camp, hong kong, jiao tong university, news anchors, phoenix television, popularity, researcher, satellite tv, shanghai jiao tong, shanghai jiao tong university, target viewers, television channel, universities, variety shows