Chinese scribes told to improve awarenessJanuary 13th, 2012 - 5:12 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 13 (IANS) Chinese journalists should write more meaningful stories that show people’s genuine concerns and have the greatest relevance to their lives, a top official said Thursday.
Liu Yunshan, head of the publicity department of the Communist Party of China’s (CPC) Central Committee, made the remarks at a journalists’ forum here, Xinhua reported.
The meeting was to deliberate on a campaign designed to improve journalists’ working styles and get more grassroots voices heard through news reporting.
The campaign was launched in August last year.
In a written instruction to the forum, senior member of the Central Committee Li Changchun said journalists should gain more “first-hand experience” and write more meaningful stories that show people’s genuine concerns and have the greatest relevance to their lives.
He said the campaign should be carried out on a long-term basis.
Officials and journalists from the country’s major news organisations participated.
- 'China ready to work with new North Korean leadership to promote bilateral ties' - Oct 02, 2010
- `China's publishing firms must go global' - Dec 24, 2011
- China to send 396-strong team to London Olympics - Jul 10, 2012
- CPC elects younger delegates to national congress - Aug 14, 2012
- Experts: US, China democracy different - May 25, 2009
- European debt crisis may end in three years: Official - Oct 16, 2011
- Asian media influence must match economic clout: Chinese official - Apr 09, 2010
- China to make more non-communists as department heads - Apr 16, 2012
- Chinese railway minister sacked for indiscipline - Feb 25, 2011
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- Chinese delegation to visit India, Pakistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Communist Party of China sets agenda for five years (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2010
- China against distinguishing between India and Pakistan - Jul 30, 2010
- Protect human rights: Chinese leader tells police - May 28, 2012
- China to crackdown on porn transmitted through mobile phones - Feb 18, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,