Chinese company to co-produce ‘Iron Man 3′April 17th, 2012 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) China-based film production company DMG Entertainment will co-produce the third instalment of the popular “Iron Man” franchise. A part of the film will be shot in China too.
DMG will not only co-produce the film, it will also distribute “Iron Man 3″ in China in collaboration with the Walt Disney Company China.
Dan Mintz, CEO of DMG Entertainment, hopes to push the series to new heights with this collaboration.
“Our collaboration with Disney and Marvel marks a milestone in the global entertainment landscape, as this signifies the first multi-billion dollar franchise to be produced between Hollywood and China,” Mintz said in a press statement.
“The ‘Iron Man’ franchise has been a major success worldwide, and we look forward to pushing the series to new heights with ‘Iron Man 3′,” it said.
“The movie will further build upon its compelling storyline, and feature the hottest A-list stars, and spectacular action, which will resonate well both globally and in China, the second largest box office market in the world,” added Mintz.
“Iron Man 3″ will see Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle reprising their roles as Tony Stark, Pepper Potts and James “Rhodey” Rhodes respectively.
“The popularity of the Marvel franchise globally creates a huge opportunity to deliver fans yet another action packed film,” said Stanley Cheung, managing director, Walt Disney Company, Greater China.
“The co-production of ‘Iron Man 3′ in China is testimony to the importance of this audience to Disney and the local industry capability to deliver a blockbuster title,” he added.
- Walt Disney, UTV to co-produce family films - May 19, 2011
- Disney Buys Distribution Rights Of Iron Man 3 And Avenger - Oct 20, 2010
- Downey Jr Injured on sets of 'Iron Man 3' - Aug 17, 2012
- James Cameron to co-produce 3D film in China - Aug 09, 2012
- IMAX And Paramount Pictures To Collaborate For Four Films - Jan 13, 2011
- Downey Jr. injured on 'Iron Man 3' set - Aug 17, 2012
- 'Avengers' to release in India before US - Dec 08, 2011
- 'The Avengers' sequel in 2015 - Aug 18, 2012
- Disney to distribute 'Avengers' and 'Iron Man 3' - Oct 20, 2010
- Disney Acquires Distribution Rights For 'Avengers' And 'Iron Man 3' - Oct 20, 2010
- 'Iron Man 3' in turmoil, director walks out - Dec 18, 2010
- Beauty And The Beast: Diamond Edition On Blu-ray, DVDs And VCDs - Oct 19, 2010
- "The King's Speech" leads Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- Disney India to make Telugu film with Siddharth, Shruti Haasan - Mar 11, 2010
- Disney captures Spider-Man's Marvel for $4 bn - Sep 01, 2009
Tags: based film, chinese company, co production, dan mintz, dollar franchise, don cheadle, film production company, global entertainment, greater china, gwyneth paltrow, instalment, iron man, managing director, milestone, pepper potts, robert downey, robert downey jr, spectacular action, walt disney, walt disney company