‘China’s Oprah Winfrey’ sets eyes on USMarch 29th, 2009 - 12:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 29 (ANI): Yang Lan, who has been dubbed ‘China’s Oprah Winfrey’, has inked a deal with one of Hollywood’s most powerful agents.
Lan’s, whose business interests include newspapers, magazines, jewellery and digital media, is one of China’s most prominent media figures, and her popularity and likeness for entrepreneurial ventures draw frequent comparisons to TV host Oprah Winfrey.
On March 27, it was revealed that she will be represented by US management firm CAA, reports The Telegraph.
Creative Artists Agency, or CAA, represent some of the most high-profile figures in the TV, film and music industries. Clients include Cameron Diaz, Simon Cowell and David Bowie.
With the move, it is being believed that Lan wants to use her influence to establish new projects in the USA. (ANI)
- Winfrey voted world's highest paid celebrity - Aug 28, 2012
- Rowling tops celebrity businesswoman list - Nov 17, 2010
- Cowell to give lessons in life on Winfrey's show - Jan 03, 2011
- Oprah gets special farewell from Tom Cruise, Beyonce - May 18, 2011
- Simon Cowell tells Oprah he was kicked out of a US TV network once - Jan 23, 2011
- Gaga voted most influential artist of 2010 - Apr 30, 2010
- Melanie Amaro is the US X Factor winner - Dec 23, 2011
- No Bollywood celebrity on Forbes "World's Most Powerful Celebrities" list - Jul 01, 2010
- Gaga beats Winfrey, tops world's most powerful celeb list - May 19, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey Talks Life, Rumors And Gayle King In Barbara Walters Interview - Dec 09, 2010
- Bollywood glitterati gives Winfrey warm welcome in Mumbai - Jan 17, 2012
- Ryan Seacrest: 'J. Lo is a mean American Idol judge' - Jan 07, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey Rejected By Bono! - Dec 22, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey in Mumbai, to attend private party - Jan 16, 2012
- No 'X Factor' for Will Smith - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: business interests, caa, cameron diaz, creative artists agency, david bowie, entrepreneurial ventures, frequent comparisons, jewellery, likeness, management firm, music industries, new projects, newspapers, oprah winfrey, popularity, simon cowell, telegraph, tv film, tv host, yang lan